Flashing Blue LED Light

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by melklim, Aug 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. melklim

melklim New Member

My 2019 Clarity has a flashing blue led light just above the hood release. I cannot find any mention of this in the manual but guessing its the auto thief alarm. Never had a flashing light til I had to disconnect the 12 v battery. Is there a way to turn the light off when the car is parked?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ralph413ralp

Ralph413ralp New Member

Just above the hood release is the OBD2 plug-in location. Did you plug something in to that port? Like like either a dongle for reading how your car is doing or one from your insurance company so they can monitor your driving for discounts?

4. melklim

melklim New Member

No, I had to reboot my Sirius radio by disconnecting the 12 v battery. After reconnecting the battery is when the flashing blue led light appeared. There is a button on this component which I pressed and held but it didn't turn the led light off.

5. Daniel M W

Daniel M W Member

If there is nothing connected into the OBDII port it sounds that is an aftermarket device (an alarm, immobilizer, or a tracker device)... If you bought your car new, i will check with the dealer to see if they actually installed something. Definitely no LED light in that area

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Can you take a photo of this LED/button?

Domenick and Madmartigen like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Just checked my 2018 Honda Clarity base and there is no 'blue led flashing' near the hood release. Do you have to blow into something before you can start yours up? :)

turtleturtle likes this.
  9. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

After replacing my 12v battery i had many warnings on the dash display. After cycling the car off and on (and driving in between) the lights all went off