Bimmercode help..?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by KLv1, Aug 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KLv1

KLv1 New Member

Shot in the dark but..

Messed around with some settings using bimmercode. Usual stuff mostly but also tried to mess with auto ac recirc. Coded fine but now I've got this weird issue where the car will not auto shut off when I open the door with the seatbelt off. It just gives me a message stating "ignition switched on" .. I can shut off the car by either toggling the start/stop switch or locking with remote but I'd rather revert back to the oem setting since it also gave me the option to activate comfort climate and gave me a reassuring 'goodbye' message.

I've contacted Bimmercode support but in the meantime wondering if anyone else has previously encountered the same situation and knows of a solution? I suspect it's in the expert coding somewhere..?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

I don't know what you did, but I'm very interested to know how to repeat it.

4. omomomo

omomomo New Member

Yes, me too.

5. KLv1

KLv1 New Member

I should be specific that the vehicle goes from a "ready" state to standby state. So you can't really continue driving. Not sure if this is the desired outcome you had hoped. Anyway, I figured it out. There's an option to activate a feature as to whether iDrive should remain on or not when doors are open and although it was set as active on bimmercode I didn't see any options for it in iDrive so I deactivated this feature on bimmercode and that seems to have fixed the issue.

6. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

I don't believe the car auto shuts off when you open the door. That is a common complaint amongst members on here it seems...

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

I have deliberately activated this option, for situations like getting out briefly to check the mail, etc.

With this option activated, when turning the car off with the start/stop toggle, I still get the option to activate comfort climate and the 'goodbye' message.

MichaelC likes this.