Lexus RZ450e designed revealed

Discussion in 'Lexus' started by Domenick, Dec 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lexus is going all-electric by 2030 and its first vehicle, the luxury brand's take on the Toyota bZ4X, has now been revealed. Or, at least, its exterior design.

We've seen it covered in camo already, but the crossover SUV was shown in Toyota's big battery-electric vehicle presentation. Thankfully, it isn't just a "badge-engineered" version of bZ4X like the Subaru Solterra. Though it lacks the "spindle grill" the Lexus ICE cars have featured, the design element is still present on the front fascia.

I think it has some great character lines, though I imagine the drivetrain will be much like that of bZ4X. Though, I hope they surprise us with at least one of the two motors being a 150 kW (201 HP) unit, giving it around 300 horsepower altogether.

lexus-rz 450e.jpg

lexus-rz 450e studio.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Enjoyed this little video featuring the CEOs of Toyota and President of Lexus -- Akio Toyoda and Koji Sato -- taking a ride in a camo'd version of RZ 450e. I especially like the part where, after noting that it feels a bit heavy, he punches it and says "nani kore!" This translates as "what's this!" but if I were doing the sub-titles I might have used WTF?! :D

SkyShotEV likes this.
  4. SeanH

SeanH Active Member

[​IMG]

SkyShotEV and Domenick like this.
  5. SeanH

SeanH Active Member

They posted a few more photos. Not completely sold on the slopey back (less trunk space, but maybe more range), and the seeming lack of a rear wiper. Otherwise it looks stunning. And although I still think the best place for a charging port is on the front, at least the front left/right is better than the rear left/right.

Also, "We will also accelerate the development of electric vehicles starting with the BEV exclusive model "RZ" in spring"
    But, if there's anything I've learned from the Audi Q4 (and the Volvo C40, etc), it is that "announcing" and "releasing" mean nothing as far as "when can I actually have one?".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. TonyInGA

TonyInGA Member

Definitely looks better out of camo.

Will be interesting to see the costs of this, and its sister, Toyota's bZ4x

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Hi Domenic,
    I saw that Lexus has a NX PHEV SUV already on the market. I am curious about it, but I couldn't find a subforum here about it. Do you have any info?
    Thanks,