For sale Hankook ventus prime 3

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rexsio, Aug 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I’m replacing my Hankooks after 2400 miles 195/55R16 summer performance 87W I checked how much they are from $175- 200 I’m offering them for $300 /4 but as I’m in New York you have to be close to pic them from my location .Advertising here bc I don’t see any for sale section. 4FC648DD-C7DE-4297-985A-462A7E37503D.jpeg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

If you drive SE to pic up those tires you can plug your SE on my driveway to L 2 to replenish electrons for your 120 miles return home at the same time take a ferry to Manhattan for free and have a good time to see scenery of Statue of Liberty and Hudson River trip.What’s a deal?

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I wish I lived close enough to pick them up because I'll want to keep driving on those tires when mine wear out--and because I'd like to meet you, @Rexsio, too. What range-robbing tires will you be replacing them with?

5. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Nokian WR G 4 with snow flakes all weather tires I don’t care about a range and with limited driving 3000 miles a year they good for me .Check my post about service schedule I post today a lot of information

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

But you often (and aptly) refer to your SE as a go-kart, so I'd expect you'd want to retain the cornering power of those summer performance Hankooks. However, because I respect your long experience with high-performance cars, I accept that you know what tires will work best for you and your SE.

TLDR section:
    For 20 years I drove a pair of gen-1 Honda Insight hybrids, pretending that sliding around corners on its special low-rolling resistance Bridgestones was fun. Then I drove my SE and was blown away by my first experience with summer performance tires.

It's a sad day each fall when I mount my winter tires, but a great day the next spring when the Hankooks go back on. I know some other forum members don't consider the OEM Hankooks to be sticky enough, but I don't bound about roundabouts fast enough to exceed the Hankooks' adhesion limit, so they're all I need to experience the most fun I've ever had while driving.

My 1973 mid-engined Porsche 914 (my previous favorite car) would be more fun than my SE if it could have pumped out 181 horsepower and 199 lb-ft of torque--wearing summer performance Hankooks--but its 2-liter VW engine could manage only 100 horsepower and 119 lb-ft.

7. To remove this ad click here.