Battery Icon

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Brewer Fan, Aug 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

Maybe I’m dreaming but I thought that the battery icon showed how much battery was left. Mine keeps saying 100%….I’ve attached a picture….I could swear it used to give the actual percentage of what battery I used or was left. Thx! A9AE85FD-B55B-40FE-A88F-C0421DC72648.jpeg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

Press the button on the end of the turn signal stalk. It will cycle through various items to display in the lower right.

yoomini and polyphonic like this.
  4. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

I tried that but I just tried again and where I pointed out doesn’t change but where the miles show, the battery usage shows. For some reason I thought where I had pointed out changed. Thanks!

5. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

No. Where you have circled in red is always 0%.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Brewer Fan likes this.
  6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That's actually not even a display, it's painted on. The digital display is a rectangle between the left and right gauges. Kind of silly in my mind.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Where it says 28.5mi is where the remaining battery is shown if you cycle to that option using the stalk button.

CrazyLegs17 likes this.
  9. chrunck

But the needles are real!

GvilleGuy likes this.
  10. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Love how minimal the entire gauge cluster is but I find that everything except the center rectangle is kind of useless. I too wish that the battery indicator on the right half circle would show actual percent.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  11. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I wish it wasn't 12.5% increments (1/8ths). Ugh.

carrrl, MichaelC, insightman and 3 others like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. chrunck

I saw a few of these comments before I picked up the car and thought "who cares?", but now that I have it, it's definitely annoying. Hopefully they'll change it for the upcoming model.

GvilleGuy and yoomini like this.
  14. Ericwc

Ericwc New Member

The Battery gauge is pretty much useless in my mind. One of my major grips about the Mini is having to push that dumb button to cycle though important info vs it just being displayed all the time.

yoomini likes this.
  15. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.52.13 AM.png
    This is all they needed to do.

16. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

I can’t believe I didn’t see that it was just painted on! LOL at myself!!!

17. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    For all the pragmatic, thoughtful, and quirky-fun features and highlights in this car, the right side of the cluster is just an overwrought, effete mess.

18. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

19. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Has one of you savvy SE owners found an app which displays relevant battery stats via OBD2 in the form of a 'dashboard'? I have not checked the Bimmercode app yet to see if it has a dashboard option or not. But a mounted phone showing batt% could be cool.

Ericwc and SameGuy like this.
  20. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

I would like this as well. Since I’m in the desert, I’d like to see any and all temperature sensor data displayed in live gauges.

I’m not even sure what all sensors the SE actually has, but if the MCU is obviously monitoring them all, then the data should be available for display as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  21. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

You looking for expensive car to display all those data a car is cheap and for a money we bought a car they can’t afford that but all sensors are taking care of over your daily driving . If you look on my previous posts I’m monitoring a heat under a hood with simple thermometer and in NY I recorded 123’ without motor cover under a hood a cover is sitting on a shelf in my garage with outside temperature only 100’ I bet in Tucson you may have 120 outdoor temperatures.I do this for curiosity but hot climates is different story .I hope a HAVC system will last for ever like my i3 in 7 1/2 years.

22. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

The analogue parts of the dash are lifted straight from the gas car, rev counter on left, gas gauge on right. The granularity needed in a gas gauge is low, but it doesn’t work for an EV imho.
    I guess it was fine like this to have the cool shaker without the expense of a screen with curved edges (hardly common).