Must-have modifications

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by CastleWolfenstein, Jul 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Goo Gone?

revorg likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I found my rubber wheel but I was terrified to use it on a car I’ve owned for less than a week! I used Stoner Xenit citrus adhesive remover and a few microfiber cloths, plus effort. It took a while, but wasn’t at all difficult.

C9EE1F99-8D26-4FE3-8B7E-B4BF318B64FE.jpeg F5D519AB-B466-449A-BFC8-83857B446A8C.jpeg

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I wanted to click Like to congratulate you on your license plate, but then I didn't click Like because I miss the MINI-E logo. Then I clicked Like after all because the beautiful Island Blue of your SE made it 2 out of 3.

CrazyLegs17, GvilleGuy and SameGuy like this.
  5. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

@tesrivmini Dash update, got the carbon fiber rings for the side vents. I still did not get the ones for the doors. I have not found a good price on real carbon fiber yet. The ones listed on AliExpress are not real CF.

IMG_2791.jpg

GvilleGuy, tesrivmini, h-dogg and 2 others like this.
  6. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

Adding the sun visor for the passenger side, that is a GREAT IDEA.
    For all my other cars, my wife has this habit of moving the Front Facing Sun Visor to the side. With this Side Sun Visor, she now does not need to swing the Front Facing Sun Visor

Do you have the part number for the Passenger Side Sun Visor?
    I am assuming this is similar to the Side Sun Visor on the Driver Side

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

Are you referring to the Wide Angle Mirror Glass that has a line in the middle that provides better wide angle view? These passenger side wide angle mirror glass that is available for the European models?

9. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

My SE is just 1 month old and the mod bug has started.

Just added the following
    Front Flaps.jpg Rear Flaps.jpg Warning Triangle.jpg

Since the 2023 did not come with the rear mats, I added the following mats too Front Mat.jpg Rear Mat.jpg Trunk Mat.jpg

Pretty sure that I will be ordering more items.

10. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

11. h-dogg

h-dogg Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

14. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

You will need 2 brackets - 51-49-7-375-203 Trunk Lid Trim Bracket

And also get the Warning Triangle that fits into these 2 brackets

h-dogg likes this.
  15. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Yeah, sometimes you have to get to the fine print to find out it's "carbon look", etc.

How do you feel about the match between the CF dash panels and the side vent rings? - always hard to tell from photos...

I'm still deciding how much CF I want to add - especially given there is less availability of 2022+ interior pieces. I may stick with just what you've done so far.

16. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Yes, that was unclear. I just bought a second left side one and installed it on the right side.

LAGearHead likes this.
  17. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

The color and weave size matches pretty well, I should have done a better job trying to get the weave angled the same though. Because the round side vents were a dull plastic, they stand out a lot if you only get the dash panels. The top vents can be done but they are out of the way enough not to bug me.

tesrivmini likes this.
  18. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Do you have plans for any more interior CF? - notwithstanding discovering reasonably priced, real CF door trim

19. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

I think I am done for now, the dash addressed my issues with the checkered dash and the vent rings made it match better with the CF dash.

tesrivmini likes this.
  20. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member

The part number for the rear Mud Flaps is : 82-16-2-338-566

You can order these from most BMW and Mini dealerships. Copy and paste this part number when you google it, and it will provide you a list of places that sells them.
    You can also order them directly from MiniUSA.com web site

Word of caution, installing them (DIY) is a pain.
    The metal clips that holds down the flaps are pain to insert as well as the gap between the rear tire and wheel well is narrow.
    If you remove your rear tires, it may be easier to install but the metal clips is still a Pain to insert. Get yourself the proper vise to push in the clips.
    Hope this helps.

SameGuy likes this.
  21. LAGearHead

LAGearHead New Member