-Amanda’s 2023 Mini SE Adventures

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by -Amanda, Jul 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Ah! Wood- and solid fuel-burning appliances are strictly regulated in metro Montreal. Only EPA-certified ultra-low emissions appliances may be used (<2.5 g of particulate emissions per hour), and even these are banned during smog alerts. https://montreal.ca/en/topics/solid-fuel-burning-stoves-and-fireplaces

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

YUL
    Wow, I apologize again for sliding OT! Must be Rona brain…

4. -Amanda

-Amanda Active Member

It never fails…you wash the car and then it rains. I took the opportunity to capture the Island Blue Metallic color while it was slightly overcast. These photos are unedited and taken in Portrait mode on my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    mini2023, GvilleGuy, SameGuy and 2 others like this.
  5. SameGuy

YUL
    Hubba hubba

-Amanda likes this.
  6. SameGuy

YUL
    [realllly wanted to go with “Bow-chicka-bow-wow!”]

-Amanda likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
  9. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I love your SE cover with foam looks like was snowing in you garage as we talk about charging since 2014 owning solar panels and driving I3 6 years and now SE 7 months I’m not paying nothing for charging my Baby and I wander why more people not going for solar to a point we crash a greed .

10. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

islandblue.jpg
    Here is Island Blue in multiple shades of blue. I think the iPhone has too much post processing with the photos and the green has been reduced similar to Canon color science.

MallowMan and MichaelC like this.
  11. mini2023

mini2023 New Member

Hi,
    Amazing story. Looking forward to receiving my 2023 Mini SE. Ordered 6.8.2022. Just received an update from the "track my mini" that the car is in the first phase of production. Just curious, how long did you wait to receive delivery of your car? Also, do you plan to put on winter tires because the Mini SE tires are summer?

Thank you again for a great story. Best regards

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tom Grabenstein

Tom Grabenstein New Member

Beautiful blue color matches the mountain sky perfectly. I am awaiting a green/white SE here in Tennessee. Doc Tom

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Welcome to the forum! You can see how long others have waited by checking out the spreadsheet linked in this thread:
    Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs.

-Amanda likes this.
  15. -Amanda

-Amanda Active Member

I had an unusually short wait from order to delivery which isn’t the norm currently.

Yes, we will be putting winter tires on our SE. We bought a set of 16” Replika wheels and we’ll be ordering Nokian Hakkaapelitta R5’s in 195/55R16. R5’s are new and supposed to be more eco-friendly with a lower rolling resistance. They make an EV version but not small enough for the SE.

We’ve used Hakka R3’s on 2 of our heavier vehicles and we’ve been happy with them. For our Mini S we just bought Blizzaks so we’ll be able to compare both this winter albeit a gas Mini vs an electric.

Rogwp likes this.
  16. SameGuy

YUL
    I haven’t been able to source either of them in Quebec yet, but I also haven’t called my “tire guy” about the new models. In May, he quoted me $900 installed and balanced for the R3 (I paid something like $780 for the 195/55-15 four years ago).

17. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

Congrats and welcome to the club! Car is beautiful.

18. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

since 2014 my electric bill is almost 0 and since 2016 I3 now SE i not pay for charging my EVs owning solar panels on my roof. 043D3D7D-2F58-4362-8F82-46AA98F8FB32.jpeg

wessy likes this.
  19. mini2023

mini2023 New Member

20. mini2023

mini2023 New Member

Thank you for the information. Very Helpful guidance.
    Just curious, i assume you purchased new Mini rims and tires and swap them with the summer tires? Also, did you order the rims and tires from the mini dealership?

21. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

For my SE I got the wheels through the dealer (I wanted the Spectre Grey Revolites). But MINI doesn't carry Nokian tires so I got those separately from Discount Tire and had my dealer mount them. And yes, I have a separate set of complete wheels so it's an easy swap each season.

For my original set of winter wheels on my ICE MINIs (which I'm still using) I ordered a complete set of winter wheels (wheel/tire/TPMS sensors) from Tire Rack, and they've worked great for many years.

22. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

FYI, there are a lot of aftermarket wheels available for these cars. Usually at a better price than the dealer. Dont let a dealer scare anyone into thinking they have to buy from them! Unless of course you want OE wheels and they have the best price!

23. mini2023

mini2023 New Member