How long have you been waiting for your production/vin number?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Percivel, Jul 22, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SCelectric15

SCelectric15 New Member

I understood that the Oxford factory has a summer shutdown in August so the 34th week is right after they are back I think, does anyone have a 30 - 33 week production date?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Percivel

Percivel New Member

Ask Mini told me I did, but she also didn't know anything about the shutdown at Mini, just that the Honda plant down the road had their shutdown in July.
    Jee, thanks.

4. Rongl

Rongl Member

Paid the 250 deposit half march, and picked up the car June 24
    Build number and vin I found on the my mini garage website, and tracked my car there also.

5. Brandn

Brandn New Member

Preproduction days: 74 days

Detailed Time line:
    1. Order submitted online $250 fee paid; 08 May 2022
    2. Submitted credit application with dealership (supposed requirement); 10 May 2022
    3. Order worksheet signed with dealership, $2750 deposit down; 17 May 2022
    4. Dealership said order was in queue to be accepted at factory post pause; 2 June 2022
    5. Email from mini automated system saying production would start soon; 19 July 2022
    6. Dealership confirming officially in the production queue and sent me production number; 20 July 2022
    No VIN yet for me and on the mini garage it is on the first step still.

Attached Files:

luluna likes this.
  6. SCelectric15

SCelectric15 New Member

I've been trying to confirm the MINI factory shut down for August vacations / factory maintenance but the closest thing I've been able to find is that there are NO MINI factory tours until Aug. 17th, so maybe it's no production means no tours.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. luluna

luluna New Member

Over 10 weeks here and not a peep. No production or VIN.

9. Percivel

Percivel New Member

When I received the prod. # and VIN July 28, he thought the car would be built before the factory shutdown/vacation. I called Ask Mini Friday, and she said I had been moved up from the 34th week to next week, she said week 33, with finish Aug 23rd. We'll soon see. Anybody have the weeks numbered to know if indeed next week is the 33rd?

Brandn likes this.
  10. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Google number weeks.

11. PSGee

PSGee New Member

And just to add, my production number didn't bring up a VIN.

12. To remove this ad click here.