Lumbar on our Sig +

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Tommm, Jul 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

While we didn't get the heated steering wheel which is a bummer, we did get lumbar. Sig plus with leather. Not sure if we got Iconic seats by mistake, but happy!!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Cross punch carbon black?

That’s option code NEE1, which is sports seats with lumbar support.

I have them in my Sig+ too.

4. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Do you have power sits in your SE bc I bought SE from dealer without preorder in 2 weeks only ERG was my request but I have heated steering wheel roof rails mats and a pay $29999 on January 3 2022 what is a price today you paying?

5. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

I got a Sig+ with the "Cloth/Leatherette Black Pearl Light Chequered" that sadly did not come with a lumbar support option. It wasn't mentioned anywhere when I ordered and I realized it only after I reached to the side of the seat to adjust and found nothing there. :( One of the very few things I'm unhappy about with the car.

6. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Just another reminder - every Mini is unique, no three are exactly alike.

Pennyworth likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Don’t be so sceptic about a car is great car to drive doesn’t matter what you pay you have in a base or most expensive model the same new technology sun roof or 17” wheels don’t make car any better believe me is a chipset EV on market just grow up with a car and you going to love it .you own the most iconic Mini Cooper SE bc next year will be fake Cooper from China

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I have yet to twist the lumbar-support knobs on my SE's seats--they feel great as-is. However, if you don't like your seats' non-adjustable lumbar support, you can install a lumbar-support kit. Even at $186 per seat, it's less expensive than the leather seat option and you get to keep the seats you chose.

upload_2022-7-24_20-9-12.png

LittleWoods likes this.
  10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Yep. so for $500 I got leather and lumbar. Schweet! I got $900 in options. Leather 500, anthracite headliner 250 and hood stripes 150. Less the steering wheel credit of $100. Only screw up is piano black instead of checkered dash. I have piano black on my 1er. I wanted the checkered dash (not sure if it became Iconic only or an upcharge after we ordered), my wife didn't care for it, or about it and said go for it since she chose everything else. As usual, she wins!!! :)

Test drove one at a BMW driving event July 31, 2021. Contacted dealer, got run around from two less than capable salespeople. On August 14 after an autocross I went to the dealer with my wife. The salesman I spoke to the day before, who said he would be there in the afternoon wasnt there. I had helmet hair, and was wearing my one of a kind oil dyed and torn jeans. We were ignored for a good 20 minutes, then we got the run around from another useless salesman. I then let my NY roots come out, and politely asked if anyone wanted to sell me a effin car? I then got a salesman from NY that wanted to sell me a car.

I put my money down on one they had ordered. Base, red/black, only option was roof rails.
    Got it for MSRP when it came in 30,995 before 7,500 federal and 2,500 state credits. Sold it a few months later and ordered the blue signature plus because my wife likes blue more than red, and blue wasn't available as a 2022 without the multi color roof she didn't.

Salesman sold me 2 SEs in less than 6 months, and got a referral.
    Moral: if you are a salesman and say you will be there, be there.
    or
    Don't judge a book by it's cover. If I had changed clothes and pulled up in the Cayman instead of the 1 series would they have treated me better?

After that the dealership has been great, and the two losers were gone before I picked up the red one.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    azausa, MichaelC and MarkSasaki like this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.