Bimmercode help

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Joe c, Jul 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Darrell Hayes

Darrell Hayes Member

I would try the 12v battery disconnect for a few minutes. That always gets my fiat 500e back to normal when something goes wrong. Safer to disconnect the negative terminal. Hopefully no weird setup like on the BMW's where you have to register the battery

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Joe c

Joe c Member

Problem is it's harder than it looks to access the 12v battery. I guess I could remove all the under hood trim...

4. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

You just need to disconnect the ground too. But this might make things worse.

5. Joe c

Joe c Member

I disconnected both terminals off the 12v battery, and....nothing! The car still starts up, all the electronics still work, AC still broken! What?? Ill upload a picture of the terminals off the 12v battery. Maybe there's a fuse box I can access?

Attached Files:

6. Joe c

Joe c Member

I accessed the fuse box in the glovebox and pulled every fuse related to AC and fan and defrost, the only one I didn't pull was fuse 5 which is in the body domain controller, still nothing. I'm going to try to access the BDC to get at fuse 5 to see if that will reset things. Pulling the leads off the 12v battery did absolutely nothing. Everything still worked fine, which was weird.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

You people nuts ! what you achieve with programming your car a bit ! Can’t get more range or performance ? BMW is smarter than you don’t touch a crab is a basic transportation and don’t cry you **** up your go cart just drive to work and sleep well and live well you don’t have to pay 6$ for gas and be happy you can afford Mini Cooper SE electric .Get a live.
    You mess up your AC open a windows .From old dud advice.! I was on BMWI3 forum for 6 years bc I own that car the same stories you guys try to fix a car for no reason is a crab to drive don’t mess a garbage !No issue with i3 and SE bc I don’t fix a go cart and I’m experience mechanic for 50 years with with Porsches Wv and all gas cars.

9. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

The way you acting don’t touch battery may kill you ! Educate yourself how a crab works or Google every thing

10. Joe c

Joe c Member

Not sure how it's helpful rexsio? Anyway I've tried pulling the fuse 5 with no luck, anyone else have any ideas? Helpful ideas I mean other than criticism? I've attached the fuse diagram. Mini SE is the bottom picture.

Attached Files:

11. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

How long did you leave the 12 V battery disconnected? It may need to be disconnected for some time for the car to discharge accessories, maybe 30 minutes?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

I've been trying to think of something constructive to add to the thread to help you out - there than just moral support. I've done plenty of coding on VW group cars over the years, and Esys for BMW about seven years ago. I've been fortunate enough not to have an issue like this before.

I did find this thread, which is as close to your issue I can find: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776876
    The CaboM4 user mentioned in the thread is still active on that forum, in fact last seen today - I'd definitely try reaching out to him to see what advice and/or direct assistance he can offer.

Disconnecting for 30+ minutes might help, as might the ENET cable, but I fear that it will take something like Esys or the dealer to sort it.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  14. Joe c

Joe c Member

Yeah I think it was disconnected for about 30 minutes. Didn't time it. Car functions all seemed to work weirdly. I'll mess around with the ENET cable. Really unsure about esys because it's such a new model, not even sure which module to download/how to do it. I'll see if I can contact that user.
    Going to the dealer probably voids my warranty?

15. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

16. Joe c

Joe c Member

I'm in Socal in Ventura County, would love any help! If I can't get help in a week or so I guess I'll just take it to the dealer...

17. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

There are lots of posts on NAM with esys and lots of people in Socal too. I would post something there or search for members that have knowledge of how to fix this.

18. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

So can you go into expert mode for IHKA3 (3003) -> AC_ON_WITH_AUTO -> aktiv (default setting)?

There are probably additional conflicts in your IHKA3 module that need to be resolved.

SameGuy likes this.
  19. Joe c

Joe c Member

I'll give it a shot tonight when I have the enet cable.

20. Joe c

Joe c Member

Also just posted on NAM.

21. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

As I understand it no, it’s not like a sticker on a blu-ray player that says void if removed. It couldn’t impact warranty claims on unrelated systems. Like if you put non-OEM wheels on and you made a warranty claim for a sunroof issue, they can’t deny it because you have changed the wheels.
    And if there was a warranty claim with the AC system in future, they would need to demonstrate that the failure, say due to excessive compressor duty cycle, was due to the coding issue.
    They’d probably give you a stern lecture and warn you in future they would void your warranty, but that’s not what would happen.
    Obviously if you took it to a dealer, if it gets to the stage where other options for resolving the issue are exhausted, any reprogramming/resetting would not be covered by warranty and they’d charge you for it.
    But there’s lots of knowledge out in the user communities, so hopefully someone can figure it out for you.

Carsten Haase likes this.
  22. Joe c

Joe c Member

Really hoping so, just waiting for responses on all the other forums I posted on. I did read other places that even with gas mini f56, pulling the 12v doesn't reset the ECU, so I think pulling the leads off, removing fuses, etc really was pointless and that it really needs a recode.

23. Joe c

Joe c Member

Fixed! Stephan from Bimmercode replied back once I got the enet cable and offered to remote into my windows laptop. It was 1am my time but I think he's in Germany, but I would've stayed up all night if that what it took. He had me download esys and another pretty large data file to unzip, but once everything was setup he was able to fix it in 2 minutes! Basically restored the automatic AC ECU back to stock. Everything back to normal! Whew!

Lainey, LegoZ, azausa and 12 others like this.