Missing rear floor mats

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by yoomini, Jul 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

When I informed my MA that the rear is missing floormats, he stated that the "rear floor mats were removed as a rolling change to offset the rising costs of materials"

Anyone else missing rear floor mats?

Cindy B likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Wow - I'm getting higher end floor mats anyway but thats kind stingy lol

4. Geez! K add that to another thing to check on inspection.. first I've heard of this. :eek:

5. endquote

endquote Active Member

Wow, lame. They are tiny pieces of carpet that can't possibly cost that much...

6. Jawad Malik

Jawad Malik Member

I noticed that as well. I purchased the all-weather mats, which I would do anyway, but this is very lame and cheap.

Cindy B likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rustybones

rustybones Member

Caused by the chip shortage for the heated carpets

Jawad Malik and abrandt like this.
  9. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Huh, I just checked and no rear mats either. Not that the rear will get used too much - plus I’ll get another mat set for winter.

10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The other cars wear Weathertech year-round and the “velour” set are put away in a bag. Going with 3D Kagu on the MINI.

insightman likes this.
  11. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I didn't check. My mats are in the wrapper in the hatch. I put the winter mats in after driving the 6 miles home.

Anyone know how long the cable is for the charger? I have a juicebox with a 25' cable. 20 is tight. I may sell one of the chargers. I don't need 2.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

That is a cheap move on their part. Wow.

14. Yep, no rear mats. I don't plan on putting people back there, probably ever, so I'm not concerned. But it is a pretty cheap move....

Matt007b and SameGuy like this.
  15. LittleWoods

LittleWoods Active Member

Saw the rear mats we're missing yesterday as I was putting in all-weather ones. MINI is probably guessing most people won't ever notice.

16. Newbs

Newbs New Member

Ours were missing too, and salesperson confirmed they no longer come with the vehicle. He did offer to scrounge up a set for us, but the dealership is 1.5 hours away, so I just ordered a set of the all-weather mats. If it had come with mats, I probably would have just ordered all-weather for the front, since I don't expect the back seats will get used too often.

17. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

Floor mats seem to be a common nonstandard feature, and if you don’t pay for them you won’t get them. Same for our Hi-Hy, Toyota said no on the mats. Our salesman added them in, though already replaced with all weather mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

18. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight. They added the level 2 charger at no cost, and deleted the rear mats to save money?!

Seems like a fair deal even up. Too bad I bought and installed a juice box. Now I have 2 level 2 chargers, 1 house and 1 EV.

19. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Update- my MA was kind enough to "find" some rear floor mats for me and shipped them directly to my house. What a nice surprise.

Austin at Nick Alexander Mini is the best.

20. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

My car was not order I bought from random dealer as long was BRG and I have no influence what was there but they give me two carpet for front and winter Mini rubber mats 5 trunk too I pay $150 I didn’t argue bc I get my car in two weeks without preordering also I pay for roof rack $250 but for no reason my heated steering wheel was free That car I pic up on January 3 rd 2022 and I was very happy without any headache I see some guys going through.Dealer add glass EATCHing for $199 but I give up was already done.With high NY tax a go cart price was $34200 which I’m happy what happened today no signature any more

21. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

welp, I spoke too soon. The mats are too big! They must be for a Countryman or maybe the 4door version of the Mini Cooper. At least they tried?