Buy Now or Wait for 2024

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by BackPack, Mar 6, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Dont waste your time with the Fiat, or the Mini. Dump the Mini and get the best car you can buy. The Camry. It has to be the best because more people buy it than anything else. Maybe a Civic if the Camry is too big. No, the Camry is just right for you since you want the Taycan. Dump the Mini now and put down your $ on the Taycan.

chrunck likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. wessy

wessy Active Member

Cool! Tell us more, @polyphonic — will your ‘23 replace your ‘21, or do you have use for two SEs? And if you’ll be keeping both, should we expect to see you constantly posting photos of whichever one you aren’t driving that day in the “Saw a MINI Cooper SE at…” thread? ;)

polyphonic likes this.
  4. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

Ha! :)

It won’t replace the ‘21 model, in fact I like the original steering wheel better due to the matte finish buttons.

Just need two cars and I couldn’t get excited about anything else.

That’s a great idea… “look where I saw two SEs in a row again…!”

wessy, Texas22Step, Newkirk and 2 others like this.
  5. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

And, of course, two tax credits are better than one.

If I was smart, I’d buy a new SE each and every year just for resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. wessy

wessy Active Member

Cool! And totally understandable. :cool:

polyphonic likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. wessy

wessy Active Member

I’ve been flirting with the idea of doing just that! If only I could know for sure that I wouldn’t lose any features on a new ‘23 that I already have on my ‘22 (e.g., heated steering wheel).

Of course, there’d be no hurt in going ahead and placing an order, since I could always cancel it if credits in the place of desired features showed up on my build. Hmmm… o_O

9. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Not sure about the federal rebate but the Oregon one says you have to keep the car registered in your name for 2 years minimum or you have to pay the rebate back. Just something to check first!

wessy likes this.
  10. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know I get on my soapbox very quickly. I truly value human rights factors with manufacturing, but I also think we need to differentiate people from their governments policies. That includes US!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  11. BackPack

BackPack Member

We picked up our 2023 Mini Cooper SE yesterday. I was a little worried about the Island Blue and Malt Brown interior, but my wife and I really liked it as soon we saw it. I had a 100 mile drive back home. I didn’t take any chances that I’d need to charge along the way so I drove it green+ mode and kept the speed around 65. I made it with 21 miles remaining.

I like that the navigation will tell you if you can make your destination based on the mode you’re in. According to the navigation, both green and green+ would make it, but I would be short in Mid or Sport mode. I also noticed the navigation shows chargers along the way. I’ll have to experiment to see if I can just select one of those chargers as I’m driving to get directions to it.

The last car I bought was in 2012. Technology at the dealership and in the car has advanced so much since then. I read about cars all the time so I’m aware of how much things have advanced. Still, it doesn’t prepare you. I now feel like an old guy. I understand how my parents felt as we advanced with computers through the 80’s, 90’s, and 00’s. I’m one of those people who actually reads the manual so I don’t expect it will take too long to get up to speed with the technology. Just need to find the time to read and play with the car.

I mentioned the dealership technology. The finance manager’s desk is a touch screen monitor where I used a special pen to sign all the documents. No more paper. He then gave me a USB thumb drive with everything on PDF.

I usually pay cash for all my cars, but I got 2.24% through my credit union so I financed $26,000. Even in today’s market, I know I can earn more than 2.24% over the next 36 months.

Here are some pictures of our new toy.

39E540BD-23A8-406B-9416-8506A074D128.jpeg

239B7B03-CC39-4F81-85B6-D944C2EE237D.jpeg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. TripleD

TripleD Active Member

GetOffYourGas and BackPack like this.
  14. BackPack

BackPack Member

Yes we are loving it. Can’t wait to get out on the weekends on some fun CA roads.

15. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Glad to hear of your great experience! Gotta say, I really dig that color combo!

BackPack likes this.
  16. BackPack

BackPack Member

So are we. I really wanted BRG and I still love that color, but my wife really like Island Blue so that’s what we went with. We had similar colored leather in our Toyota Sequoia so I knew we would like that color. I wasn’t sure if the two together would work, but it definitely does work.

insightman likes this.