Ionic 6 digital billboard unveil

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 6' started by electriceddy, Jul 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Pretty awesome advertising, looks like Ionic 6 will pop out of the screen (and into my driveway):D

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kind of frustrating to see them hype a new future model when they can't deliver current models.

I just back from a road trip out east. Going through Saskatoon, I dropped in to the local Hyundai dealer there. There are almost no EVs on the road in that part of the country, and talking to friends and family in Manitoba and Saskatchewan, no one there wants one. So I was hoping maybe they might have shorter lead times for the Ioniq 5. No such luck, in fact even worse. They were not taking any more pre-orders and said that there is now a 3 year wait for delivery!!

BUT, on the lot I saw a brand new Kona EV, red with black top, Preferred model, still with some plastic wrap. Asked the salesperson about it, and he said it just arrived that morning. AND it is not sold. He tried to sell it to me. It was tempting, but not sure how it would work to register it back in BC and claim our rebates. So I passed.

They also had a GV60 there,... what a beautiful car inside and outside. It was listed for 79K CAD.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Possibly arrange to sell them (or trade their value) to a BC dealer including a reasonable mark up for the paperwork/commission etc. Offer to drive both cars back to BC ($1 charge for the delivery), sell one for a profit after pick-up.
    Just a thought, maybe not possible.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  5. Well, am back home now, so not going to pursue that one now. Probably sold by now. But have to say, really miss our Kona. Probably could have kept it through the summer, and still sold it for same, or more.

Used to just drive on a whim somewhere. Not now with these crazy gas prices. And both my wife and I really miss that 1 pedal driving. Still can't get used to that coast, and coast, and coast, when you let off the throttle. And coming down from the Coquihalla with 4 adults and full luggage trying to slow from 125 kph was not good for my brakes. Probably would have regenned 100 km with the Kona.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

You're right. Those wrap-around displays are clever in the way they create the illusion of 3-D:

upload_2022-7-4_21-35-50.png

I'd guess the wait for an Ioniq 6 is probably a 3-year delivery already. I'd be surprised if Hyundai sends many of these sedans to an SUV/pickup-truck loving continent.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. We visited my brother and his family, who are farmers. So pick-ups are not just for show there. They also drive SUVs. But yeah, not a lot of sedans there. Also winters are very cold, so that is a factor, too, with an electric car.

insightman likes this.
  9. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

I’m ready to order!

Hey Hyundai USA, let me order online. I don’t want to make some greedy dealers next vacation home payment. Your dealers should not make more profit than you.

Domenick and insightman like this.