Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

I very much doubt it's controlled by an accelerometer.

Since the brake lights are a safety system and federal requirement, the controller/software almost certainly is ASIL rated and I don't think an accelerometer would be able to satisfy those requirements.

The ECU knows exactly how much regen is happening because it's being directly determined by the inverter (it has to know to determine acceptable current level for the batteries). Based on vehicle speed and current it would be a very simple function to determine whether or not to illuminate the brake lights.

MichaelC likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

I got my car today! It was delivered to my house less than an hour ago, just it time to take my son to basketball practice. The transition from my 2019 Mini Cooper S Iconic to the SE Iconic was straightforward, the infotainment system is much nicer. Only time will tell if I will miss the manual trans but the one pedal driving seems nice. I only drove to practice which is only 5 miles away. Acceleration wise, stepless acceleration is nice! Feels like I have to shift but it just keeps going and going.

I got the 240v charger and I 3D printed the wall bracket earlier in the week. When the Mini guy was at my house, I asked him about the SOS thing. It is a software update but it is coded to the specific car. Meaning, someone in the UK has to configure the update, then email it to the dealer and they install it. It doesn’t seem like a big deal, but the dealers receive the software update in batches, the hold up is waiting for Mini UK to send it to them. Installing it is quick, mine got sent late yesterday and my car was ready this afternoon.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

That makes sense--but what about when the brakes are faking the regen braking? If you just touch the brake pedal, the brake lights come on but if you have a 100% charge and back off slightly, the brakes are doing the braking but the brake lights don't come on. I assume there's a switch on the brake pedal, but if the inverter isn't involved in fake regen braking, what triggers the brake lights?

5. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

The friction brakes do have some threshold where you can push the pedal without the brake lights activating, it's probably the same threshold when they activate through regen?

This is just my semi-educated guestimate:
    There's some other controller (probably the ABS module) that's handling the friction brakes. When the battery management system tells the ECU that it can't handle any more current, the ECU tells the inverter to not add any more regen and also tells the brake module to start applying some amount of friction brakes based on your pedal input.

All this happens in ~0.0009 Seconds!

MichaelC and insightman like this.
  6. miniminimini

miniminimini New Member

Has anyone been waiting at the UK port for quite some time now? My mini has been there since June 8th and still hasn't left port. A ship left today from Southampton heading to California which I hope to have gotten on. How long does mini garage usually take to update once the ship has left?

Is anyone also waiting for that long of a time and have they seen a recent update? It doesn't look like the next ship is coming until halfway through July so really hope I made it on the one that left today.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

How did the home delivery happen? Just wondering cause mine will be at the same dealer in a few weeks.

9. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

I bought my car thru a car broker. I used them to buy my 2019 Mini and it seems so much nicer. I never even went to the dealer.

bmartinez028 likes this.
  10. omomomo

omomomo New Member

Were there other ships in that/your timeframe?

11. It gets updated within a day of ship leaving or sometimes even when the ship is being loaded. For me - I waited since Jun 8th, one vessel came and gone, nothing happened - I wondered but then it was in second vessel and updated as soon as the ship sailed (within the same day for me) - Good luck

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. miniminimini

miniminimini New Member

There were at least two ships that fit my destination (California) that have already left and I am still showing at port. Hoping my status gets updated today, but am not hopefully given how quick others were notified. Just curious if anyone else is still waiting with a similar timeline (since June 8th) and if there is any info on why it has been there so long.

Yoyo_boba and Matt007b like this.
  14. I haven't been there too long (since late June) but maybe we'll be both on the boat that is coming in on the 19th? (Hopefully..I think possibly "Oberon" will be coming in..but watching the port like a hawk.). Hope you get on a boat soon.

*edit - they keep pushing the date back a bit..probably running behind + bad weather maybe over the Atlantic.

15. zedzag

zedzag Member

That's odd, I only see one ship going to Galveston (Drive Green Highway) which has sailed from Southampton on 7/1. But my garage still shows at port. Dealer told me they expected it sometime end of July. I don't see another ship coming out of Southampton to Galveston so I'm hoping it's just a delay in updating mygarage

16. miniminimini

miniminimini New Member

Let me know if yours updates because mine is still showing At Port as well and the ship mine would be on left on 7/1. I don’t see anyone in the spreadsheet have an updated In Transit date of 7/1 either.

Has anyone ever seen an instance where their car stayed At Port for a long time, but their car actually was in transit? Like an issue with an update along the journey? Looking at the spreadsheet I don’t see anyone waiting much longer than 3 weeks At Port and mine is coming up on a month.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  17. DerekG

DerekG New Member

I don’t know how correct this statement is. Based on various forums, people have reported it taking 3+ days for the status to switch to “in transit”.

18. zedzag

zedzag Member

I hope you're right otherwise my mini isn't on the same ship

19. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

Mine was at UK port on 5/18 and got on the vessel on 5/30. It did missed at least 2 vessels to California before got on one. Once the vessel left UK port, status was updated the following day. Wish you the best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

20. zedzag

zedzag Member

In transit!!!!

wessy, DerekG, Alf_W and 2 others like this.
  21. miniminimini

miniminimini New Member

Happy for you!! Was it updated on the garage or did you find out via your MA?

Mine is still showing At Port (since 6/8) unfortunately. I’ll call Mini tomorrow to see if I can get any more info. Seems a little suspicious it has missed at least 3 ships.

DerekG likes this.
  22. DerekG

DerekG New Member

What port is yours going to?

23. miniminimini

miniminimini New Member

Port Hueneme, CA. There was a boat that left 7/1 headed there eventually, but still no update in the garage. Just odd since I see a lot of other vehicles that arrived at port after mine that are on their way to CA right now.