Retroactive discount for 2022 purchasers

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by electriceddy, Jul 1, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. If you bought your Bolt EV earlier this year, then expect a retroactive discount, as long as the were purchased in 2022 (applies to EUV as well). :)

"we want to make sure these customers are satisfied with their purchase and ownership experience
    We will be reaching out to them in the coming weeks to inform them of a goodwill program that will provide reimbursements to make up the price difference.

GM was unable to provide AN an estimated reimbursement amount, as the figure will change based on how much the customer paid for the vehicle, the trim level and other related factors. Customers who leased their vehicle will not be eligible to receive a discount."
    Source:
    Chevy Bolt EV, Bolt EUV Buyers To Get Retroactive Discount (gmauthority.com)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It covers 2020-21-22 Model Year vehicles as long as they were purchased in 2022.

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Thanks...corrected post

5. greyshep

greyshep New Member

Will this also apply to Canadian purchasers or just USA?

6. MattRock

MattRock New Member

Greetings. I've purchased a new Bolt EV this summer, and I've just received a letter from Mr. Scott Bell with the reimbursement offering. The offering was enough to soothe the angst my spouse was feeling for spending what we did on her now daily driver. That was pretty nice!

However, reading the fine print before confirming acceptance of the "Exclusive Chevy Offer," there's a a significant caveat:

there is a class action lawsuit ... concerning Bolt vehicles and the associated battery recalls ... agreeing to this Release... forever waive and release all claims ... including any claims or rights that I may have in connection with the class action

Following the path of the class action and exchanges here at insideevsforum.com it seems there is cause for this class action.

Our Bolt does not have any active recalls. That said, we're kind of the pinnacle of bad behavior with respect to the recommendations recently offered. The car is stored in an attached garage and typically gets left charging over night. Do we take the cash and exempt ourselves from claims of damages? Is that worth walking out into the cold all winter to get in the car if we need to start parking outside from worry? Or do we possibly give up one-pedal driving and start making periodic visits to the pump again? Wow, can things come at ya sideways sometimes!

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I'm going to take that with a large spoon of salt. This is your first post here.

9. Confirmed here

"It has been sending emails to owners to see if they are eligible, but the fingerprints of the rebate agreement come with an interesting clause that includes not suing GM over “battery defect or recall” (via Jalopnik):

Forever waive and release all claims, damages, or causes of action arising out of my Bolt vehicle, the battery defect, or the battery recalls.

The clause basically turns the rebate into a legal release with compensation."

mho likes this.