ID.4 AWD Reservation

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by bpschroder, May 20, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Congrats on getting the car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Waa

Waa New Member

Mine is on the ship been their since 11/26 shipping to Tucson I hoping 1st week in January. I ordered abound 1st week in May so how about your ID.4?

4. SolarTim

SolarTim New Member

Just went to 20-2, just 2 weeks after hitting 20-1. I haven't seen any ships scheduled to head to San Diego, there is one about to depart for Baltimore. Maybe it is continuing on to the west coast after?

5. Stb105

Stb105 New Member

Got an email to place an order for an AWD 2022 after initially getting bumped in 2021 (July was initial recommendation.

Site said 6-8 months for delivery. 240 miles listed range.

6. DelRider

DelRider Member

Same, expected delivery Dec - Jan 2022 (originally projected for April 2022) to Philadelphia area. No word since.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JimO

JimO New Member

Well the all-wheel-drive car I ordered pro model with gradient has arrived in Jacksonville Florida
    Chart from previous note:
    Action Date.
    $100 Deposit. April 10
    $400 Deposit. June 22
    NOTICE Leave Dec 7
    If notice was correct the vehicle sat in the yard over an Emden until it was put on a boat on her about January 5, 2022 the ship went first two Halifax Canada and then directly to Jacksonville Florida arriving on 17 January 2022 I got notice today that the vehicle had arrived at Jacksonville the code is 30-2. I asked the sales assistant at the dealers when I can expect it and he said sometime after 20 January.

Well sitting and thinking about this car living in Florida the thought came to mind how is this thing going to perform in a hurricane evacuation situation probably 200 miles before I charge and I can say 5% of the traffic lining up and the charging station to recharge kind of scary.

The other concern I have now is receiving a 2021 car with the 2022 cars soon to be available I think Germany ship in 2022s manufactured after the first of the year in Tennessee is going to come online sometime in the fall what kind of depreciation am I going to suffer purchase in the car this month?

Everything I’ve seen on the car seems to think everybody loves him so if I don’t take delivery of their side certainly go ahead and order one for delivery next fall any opinions?

9. DelRider

DelRider Member

Since you asked:
    Only you can determine if this vehicle works for your wants and needs. If you are having second thoughts, cancel the reservation. As you mention, it is easy to get back on the 'list' if you change your mind. No sense getting into a quandary over it. As far as evacuations and so on, don't conjure up extreme scenarios to justify or dissuade your actions. Heck, gasoline may be in short supply while you merrily charge away as you leave town. Last hurricane related issues that I had (Hurricane Irene, circa 2004???) no one had gas, but we all got our electricity back after a day or two. That is, avoid crystal ball gazing. Finally, all mass produced new cars depreciate horrendously. We're all upside down (sell for less than you owe or it is "worth") for the first three years or so. EVs can be bad for this, looking at you, my Kona Electric :-( . Don't try to time the market or 'future-proof' yourself; there will always be something new and shiny or a new technology just around the corner. Buy for what your needs/interests are TODAY. And that's on you to sort out. Good luck and enjoy!

10. JimO

JimO New Member

Thanks for the response DelRider. Truly worth a five star rating I appreciate it.

To provide some more background I’ve been anxiously watching this car progress out of the factory, spending more than a month on the ground in Germany finally getting on the ship and arriving in Jacksonville on the 17th.

During this time. I talked with my sales assistant or sent him emails four or five times. I’ve stopped by the dealership three times during this time. Just so I can sit in the car (none were on the lot) and see what it feels like. I even asked him to give me a call when they have one on hand so I could do a ‘fit check’, this is never occurred. I emailed him on the Jan 18th and was told it be in sometime after the 20th and then on the 19th there’s a full picture spread of my vehicle identified by VIN number on the dealers website. Still haven’t been told the vehicle is at the dealer by the sales rep. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield “I don’t get no respect”. Maybe I’m wrong but when somebody’s getting ready to make a $50,000 purchase he should have time and opportunity to investigate the various methods for payment or lease, my sales assistant won’t discuss it until the car is on the lot, well it’s their been there for three days and he still hasn’t contacted me to tell me that. I’m anxious to see what kind of price is put on the car(dealer adds) before I get into the buy or flee mode.
    The interesting thing is these guys have access to the delivery records even if just for their dealership and they can tell you what the approximate wait times are. My SA saying absolutely nothing. Kinda like dealing with a vending machine.

On a sidenote it looks like the last 2021 is scheduled to be delivered in March and the deliveries 2022 also scheduled to start in March.

again thanks for your opinion I really appreciate it

JFon101231 likes this.
  11. Stb105

Stb105 New Member

Received yesterday 2721576E-B29F-4587-8263-158B6A0484FB.jpeg

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Kenstl

Kenstl New Member

Congratulations! I just did my initial order May 2022, looks like i have a long wait

14. JimO

JimO New Member

Current status on ID4 AWD S
    ORDERED Jan 25 2022
    $400 Deposit Apr 2022
    Notice leaving Factory. 20-1 code
    From browser breakout. Init delivery. Sept 1, 2022, Revised date Nov 1, 2022
    Delivery to Florida
    JimO

Kenstl likes this.
  15. Kenstl

Kenstl New Member

Thanks for the update. I see you had the additional deposit 3 months after the initial order, hopefully mine is coming up. I am on the edge of ordering a Model Y but for the additional $$ after their price increases.

16. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

FWIW, it sounds like production has begun in Chatanooga. It won't happen overnight, but they should be able to reduce the size of the waitlist.

17. JimO

JimO New Member

This is probably the most accurate reply I can give you regarding delivery schedule

ORDERED Jan 25 2022
    $400 Deposit Apr 2022
    Notice leaving Factory. 20-1 code 23 July
    Email from dealer.” I have your ID.4 on my list from the in transit from factory to the port. They gave me an ETA of 09/20 to 09/25 with commision #. Is a 2022 ID.4 Pro S AWD Blue Dusk w/ Black roof and Lunar gray interior. “

18. Kenstl

Kenstl New Member

I stopped by the my local VW dealer today as they had two ID4's on their lot as they were delivering to customers, but it gave me a chance to view and sit in one. My sales guy there also reiterated that he expects the deliveries to pick up since the Tennessee site is not mfg vehicles. He thinks if I get the second email within the next month or so, I should get a delivery within 3-4 months of that time period for a 2023 model.

Vehicle looks nice and it feels roomy inside. I'm 6'4" so entrance in to the vehicle (height of seat and distance between rocker panel and roof line) need to make it an easy access for me or I pass. I have been on the fence between a Model Y and the ID4, but frankly the price difference is just too much to not give the ID4 a shot, especially since I can get the $7500 rebate.

19. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Well if the new Democrat bill passes, it looks like you may be able to get the $7,500 on the Tesla too. We will have to wait for the next 10 days or so to see what exactly the bill contains.

You might want to check out Turo to see if they have a ID4 to rent for the day. I see the Seattle area has one to rent today.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  20. Kenstl

Kenstl New Member

Got an interesting call yesterday, my VW dealer said the party that ordered the ID4 was passing on it, and wanted to know if I wanted to purchase it. ID4 Pro S with Gradient. It is not the color or interior I would choose so I declined. We ended up going over anyway so that my wife could view it. When we got there, the vehicle was on a test drive and one other person was waiting to see if the first person would buy the vehicle and was next in line to purchase. It ended up the first person purchased the vehicle. It didn’t take long to sell, like 3 hours once it became “inventory” lol.

6D2CB6BA-D8CF-41EB-A0E5-59E09E0F3CDE.jpeg

21. JimO

JimO New Member

Latest update Aug 5, 2022
    ORDERED Jan 25 2022
    $400 Deposit Apr 2022
    Notice leaving Factory. 20-1 code 23 July
    code 20-2 Aug 6, 2022. Ship Seim Confucius left Emden early today. stops in Halifax Aug 16, Baltamore Aug 21? THEN Jax Aug 25?

Called dealer and he confirmed it has shipped. With anticipated delivery date of Sept 10-25. With unknown being how long to get out of Jax Port.

22. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

You may lose out on the Federal tax credit - the foreign-made EV exclusion apparently takes effect the day the bill is signed. Pay close attention to the news. If you have a "signed contract" you may be grandfathered in, but it isn't at all clear if a reservation meets the definition of a signed contract. If VW gets their act together this week, they might have you sign a contract this week, which would solidify your position.

Treasury/IRS may amend things when they write the actual rules, but it is all very fluid right now. Sorry to be the bearer of possible bad news, but it seems like a heads-up is in order.

23. Kenstl

Kenstl New Member

Current status on ID4 AWD S
    ORDERED May 2022
    $400 Deposit (I just received email today, 8/9/22)
    The email from VWA stated "Due to availability, you will be receiving a Model Year 2023 vehicle instead of the Model Year 2022 vehicle you have currently configured. This does not change your place in line and you are now able to update your configuration based on Model Year 2023 specifics."

So, it looks like I need to go through and order specs for 2023, it will be interesting to see the time line.