Chevrolet Equinox Ev images and price target revealed

Discussion in 'Equinox EV' started by Domenick, Jan 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. During the official reveal of the Chevrolet Silverado EV, GM CEO Mary Barra also shared some images of the heretofore unknown Chevrolet Equinox EV. According to Barra, this car should start "around $30,000."

I think it looks pretty good, but the wait is a bit long - launches in Fall of 2023. There's a few more images of the non-RST trim model on the post linked above, but here's front, rear, and an interior shot.

It may be early to get super-excited, but I think this can be a good volume vehicle for Chevrolet.

Chevrolet-Equinox-EV-red-front.jpg

Chevrolet-Equinox-EV-red-rear.jpg

Chevrolet-Equinox-EV-interior.jpg

Inertiaman and TonyInGA like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. J Schultz

J Schultz New Member

I'd certainly consider this in RS trim to replace my Bolt. I wish it was a hatchback instead of a crossover, but I'm in the minority. I'll be cautiously optimistic. "You can't drive a concept".

GetOffYourGas and Domenick like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

GM should have made this their first Ultium EV, not the Hummer. I assume this crossover with a different body will be the Honda Prologue. Interesting that Honda got to announce theirs first.

5. J Schultz

J Schultz New Member

I agree. Lead with the "Car of the People". I actually forgot Honda partnered with GM to use Ultium. Manufacturers sharing technology makes sense for the EV future.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Being a Honda guy for decades (see our 8th Honda, a Clarity Plug-In Hybrid in photo at left), I was disappointed when Honda rebadged an Izuzu for their first SUV (popularly known as the "Honduzu"). Honda's been producing electrified cars since my first gen-1 Insight in 2000, but here they are again, rebadging somebody else's vehicle--this time to get into the EV game in the US. Will the Blazer-based Prologue be dubbed the "Hondazer"?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

When this does hit the market, it should be a very successful product. I'm not sure I can wait that long though; my family of 5 is already outgrowing the Bolt. I may end up replacing it with an ID4 instead.

9. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

The Blazer EV is coming before the Equinox EV, will probably cost more but the wait will be shorter. If waiting is a problem the Bolt EUV will open orders July 21 for the 2023 MY with a $6300 discount.

10. GetOffYourGas

The EUV is not bigger where it matters - across the back seat. The Blazer will probably hit the market at nearly $60k (SS version will come first). Too rich for my blood.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Last edited: Jun 14, 2022
    Domenick likes this.
  11. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

$60k Blazer EV? Not when a Lyriq is $62k, the blazer will get killed. My guess is Blazer SS will be a two motor Lyriq awd minus the fancy front grill and bowtie in place of Cadillac crest and will be priced in the $40-45k

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. GetOffYourGas

Note that I am talking about a fully loaded “Super Sport” Blazer. You are comparing that to a base, bare-bones Lyriq. It is not unheard of for product lines to get that close in price. I still think that it will be closer to $60k than to $45k for the absolute top end Blazer. I guess we will know next week!

14. July 18th not June 18th.

15. GetOffYourGas

Whoops, my mistake!

16. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

I am comparing a "fully loaded" SS Blazer EV to the Lyriq AWD. Since these two are badge engineered clones I doubt the chevy will have options not already included in the Lyriq. There are no "base" or option packages for the Lyriq so there are only FWD Lyriq ($62k) and AWD Lyriq ($64k) and both will be loaded with all available options (there are no "bare bones" Lyriq). Only possible options are exterior colors and wheel sizes.
    Therefore, if Chevy prices the SS at $60k it will get killed by the Lyriq. In badge engineered clones the premium brand commands the higher price and the poor man brand leaves a lot of room pricewise so as not to cannibalize sales.

17. The Blazer is not badge engineered. The only thing may share is the motors. The Blazer is clearly smaller than the Lyriq.

18. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

Not badge engineered, like Hummer and Silverado EV are not badge engineered? Clearly smaller? Let's agree to disagree. All will be revealed July 18.

19. There is a difference between sharing a platform and sharing sheet metal.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  20. Claire Green

Claire Green Member

I agree, Blazer and Lyriq share the same platform but I seriously doubt GM made the decision to waste money by designing different bodies for Chevy and Cadillac instead of badge engineering both models. Oh sorry they are not badge engineered they just share the same platform but have different bodies. And according to you the Chevy body is smaller.

21. GetOffYourGas

Looks like I was right. Fully loaded Blazer EV SS is over $65k!