My first MINI and SE mini :)

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by rlozano, Jun 27, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rlozano

rlozano Member

First Post:
    So based on the craziness of the current state of economy, decided to trade my V8 that is right a V8 (which basically I never drive) for an EV for using for city driving and not really be a garage queen, and well also because trade in and self selling costs are great, got a big deal. So the best looking EV I found is the MINI SE and not sure lucky or not, but called a MINI dealer and they have a customer backed out of the 2023 Signature Plus Trim, so took the Buller and now the MINI is waiting at the PORT already. based on what I have seen and read it is a great day do day drive. Also I do have solar panels at home which was another motivation to go EV.

Aquavir, GvilleGuy, h-dogg and 5 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Welcome to the forum! Because you didn't spend hours online refreshing MINI's My Garage line graph, wishing it would show progress, you have avoided the emotional damage most of the members of the forum have endured while waiting and waiting some more for their SEs to arrive.

You didn't say if your V-8 was an old Chevy Impala or an 700+ hp Dodge Charger Hellcat--if it was a Hellcat, you may be one of the few members of this forum who are disappointed in the SE's acceleration. However, if 0-60 mph in under 6.5 seconds (6.1 according to Car and Driver) does it for you, you will soon be enjoying the most fun-to-drive EV on the market. Congrats!

rlozano likes this.
  4. rlozano

rlozano Member

Yes I have seen in other posts about the My Garage Line Graph, the dealer manager did told me that if I wanted to build one then it will be months to get one, and well EVs now and well any new car most dealers to do not have stock and if you want to avoid the markups is better to build and wait. I guess got lucky with the customer that backed out. BTW My V8 it was a Stang Bullit so I guess going to have to get used to the extra 2 seconds on my 0-60 mph, it was a fun car but I think I was baby sitting a car too much and I really need a day to day driver that I can charge with my own electricity I generate.

GvilleGuy and insightman like this.
  5. Wreckless117

Wreckless117 Well-Known Member

Congrats! I believe you will end up enjoying the mini SE despite the slower performance. It's very zippy, and deceptively quick. Handles pretty well despite it's quirks. Get ready for crazy torque steer, I had forgot what that was like myself haha. I came directly from a low 3 sec 0-60 awd car, and while I absolutely do miss that rocket, I am coming to love the SE in it's own way despite It's various shortcomings.

rlozano likes this.
  6. Brawndo

Brawndo Member

Congrats! Minis are clearly not for everyone - which is both good and bad. I eventually think I want something bigger / faster / more powerful, move on, then regret it and go back to a Mini. Works out to 1 Mini from each generation. Each has been special in its own way.

rlozano likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. rlozano

rlozano Member

The idea with this ev first it is paid full so no car payment so drive it until the batteries can't hold charge, and in the mean time I do have a target on an F-150 lighting but the PRO model ( I know they are not selling it to consumes, yet but that truck feel the price is right) but will see how the next years it keeps moving or maybe other options will start popping out.

For now I think the Mini makes a lot of sense first because it is an awesome good looking car and probably a very good option for a metro city where at least there is some sort of charging infrastructure in place.

9. rlozano

rlozano Member

Just picked it up, love the car very impressive, said a guy coming from a Stang 5.0 :). unfortunately taking it WED for service already Passenger Door is not opening from the inside and I did test it with the sales rep on site, when I took it for a spin he was able to get out. But when I was driving with my wife, she could not get out doesn't matter how many ways I tried to unlock it. Unless I am doing something wrong, I consider it a hazard so taking it ASAP. Still opens from the outside, so I assume the mechanism from the inside snapped or something. Oh Well! it was to good to be true to get MINI so fast.

IMG_2052 Large.jpeg IMG_2051 Large.jpeg IMG_2054 2 Large.jpeg

Louis W, Aquavir, -Amanda and 5 others like this.