Latest MAP updates available 4/28/22 - experiences ?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Apr 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

I tried to to that but it asks for a password, which I thought was odd. I attached my current SW and FW versions after navigation update. I hope everything looks up to date.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    HK64_L likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Now that does surprise me! I've never been asked for a password. These zips are normally not encrypted. Try just pressing return?

Lawrence

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

As someone else mentioned, there is no DAUDIO specific/separate update. That ZIP file, or even the extracted files won't install. They are already included in the NAV/SW update files. Yea, it's confusing, and frankly HYUNDAI should do a better job to make it more clear. The latest NAV/SW updates can take about an hour+ to fully install via USB. You just need to be patient.

5. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Use the Bluelink app and it tells you when the update will be complete. And all with the engine off :)

Lawrence

6. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Had no idea we can do that ! I always thought the car had to be left turned on.. How do you get the Bluelink Notification?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Firstly, the car's display offers you the option of doing the installation with the engine off. This is offered at an early stage of installation. So that can be got underway. Bluelink includes a status option that lets you set when you you want to be notified - eg., 30 mins, 20 mins, 10 mins before completion. Mine sends me the notification when either (1) charging is complete or (2) the update is complete. You'll need to look at all the options because off-hand I don't recall which option it comes under (on Bluelink). The car's display explains about these settings but I had to sit and think abut what it all meant. Some of us older drivers need longer to read the stuff ;-)

Lawrence

9. I tried the update but when I install the usb the radio starts to play 2 second wav files???

10. I installed the latest map update on May 25th. The actual installation went smoothly, took about 45 minutes with the vehicle turned on. To get the files onto the SD card took over 1 hour and I had to use a computer that had more memory then I had on my laptop. It seems to need about 40 GB of free space on your computer to decompress and transfer the files.
    Of course there is a learning curve with any new software but you do get used to it. Is it better?, is it worse?, that's up to the individual.

11. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

That is probably because your USB stick may not have been prepared as instructed. Essentially, you have to have a dedicated USB stick with the files installed correctly, particularly the one on the root directory. There is a page that describes preparation of the USB for upgrading. Mine failed first time due to my having missed one of the instructions. Do persist - you'll get there! Do ensure that the upgrade *is* an upgrade otherwise you can spend a lot of time only to be told by the car that the upgrade contains the same stuff as before! [This has happened twice to me.] The installer does warn you if the download is one already installed - assuming you notice the warning - which I didn't!

Lawrence

Tim94549 likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. eCork

eCork New Member

I’m generally a “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” kind of guy. We’ve had our ‘22 ultimate for about 6 month and are very happy with it, so I am a little reluctant to update it. But… perhaps there is some functionality that I am missing that I don’t know that I’m missing. Are there any new features that are a must have? (I can’t see any release notes anywhere…)

14. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

The idea of a map update is self-evident. You won't know when you see the benefit! My previous Ford Focus had maps around Huntington area that were nonsense - it lost track of where it was for a few miles. An update showed it the way. Hopefully that is what a Kona EV update will do. Last February I reported a simple display fault to Hyundai; they promised to fix it in the April release ... which was cancelled! The May release was also cancelled. June???? My night-time display consists of dark green roads on a black background - all but useless - and they acknowledge the problem.

Lawrence

15. MurrayNZ

MurrayNZ New Member

In my 2020 Kona EV in New Zealand the June 2022 update has broken scheduled charging and location specific charging. It will accept the settings but the location gets wiped pretty fast with a too fast to read message about being too far away from a charging point and the scheduling wipes the start and finish times randomly. I charge overnight on a cheaper rate. Sometimes it will stay for days and sometimes it is gone in the morning with no pattern I can see. I have to check it every time I put it to bed now.
    What I would like is a link to the older version so I can go back to that and I would put up with the out of date map.

16. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

You need to discuss this with Hyundai. Problem is that they don't seem to question what they are told by the 'software writers'. April, early May, late May, early June - are all claims told to me by the 'online' reps with the euphemism 'everything will be fixed'. <sigh>

Lawrence

17. Used the updates app on Win 10 and then walked it to the car. Installed without trouble. Phew! First for me.

Haven't tested everything but all seems to work fine. I'm even still getting the stupid driver awareness, take a break message literally every five minutes. So I do stop and I switch it off.:)

18. Has anyone successfully reverted / rolled back to an older version of the software? I was considering doing the same and reinstalling the last version since I have a copy of it.

19. I think it checks the version number before it updates. Haven't tried that one yet.

20. MurrayNZ

MurrayNZ New Member

there is a note on the disclaimer section of the downloader page that says "after installation, it is not possible to revert to a previous software version".

I have emailed Hyundai with my charging issues and they tell me a new version is due any day so fingers crossed.

Ferenc Jakab likes this.
  21. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Be aware that 'a new version is due any day now', sadly translates as 'Hmm. Maybe we'll look into this next summer'. Do not hold your breath. I reported a problem with the Kona EV night-time display in February. Replies included 'spring, late spring, early May, late May, June, definitely June, .....' There are less than 48 hours left for their latest 'ready'. Sad really. An honest answer would have been so much better.

Lawrence