Hot Buttons

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Avanti, Jan 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

That’s a good approach but the EVSE I have in my garage predates the smarter functions that are now common. It has been hanging there since 2013, and only provides up to 15A at 240V. But it still works so no need to upgrade.

I do have a smart 32A EVSE outside, but it is used by the Bolt most of the time. I only have a one car garage and the Mini gets the better treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jimmm18

jimmm18 Active Member

Ahhhhh I see your predicament. And the mini deserves to be inside. I got EV charging station when I got the Mini. My 1st EV.

4. endquote

endquote Active Member

I just noticed this morning that if you touch the hot button without pressing it, a preview of the function is shown on the display. Pretty neat.

Same. As I was leaving a recent MINI group run, one of the drivers noted how quiet the car was. Then I hit the button for stealth mode to get even quieter.

wessy and CsD like this.
  5. Ketos

Ketos Member

I love the feather!

1. GPS to home
    2. GPS to work
    3. Bluetooth- Music from phone
    4. Media -USB for music
    5. Media- Radio
    6. Call home number

NewGreen, wessy and endquote like this.
  6. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I tried to do that, but instead of hot linking to the reset menu, it just linked to the current radio station on the preset menu.

Also haven't figured out to to hotlink to "call home" or anything under Apple Car Play

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The trick when assigning buttons if you have to be in the "menu above". I believe the hot button is assigned to whatever is highlighted on the display, not what display you are on. It's not intuitive.

And there is no way to hot link to anything inside CarPlay, since it's a separate system. I don't even know if there's a way to link to entering CarPlay itself.

CoachCookie likes this.
  9. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

I have a button programmed to enter Carplay. I use it all the time to quickly open it and activate my HomeKit garage door since it doesn’t pop up automatically if I’m not using Carplay at the time.

endquote likes this.
  10. CorgiCanoe

CorgiCanoe Member

Does anyone else find their hot buttons to be very unresponsive? I often have to push the buttons three or more times before it actually goes to the desired menu location.

11. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Sort of. A quick press rarely works for me, but a longer press almost always works.

But yeah, it could be better.

Ketos likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ghost

ghost Active Member

+1

Every month or two, I have to reprogram them. Not sure if it thinks I'm a different person w/ a different fob (my wife has the 2nd fob, and we've never switched).

Even so, my SE hasn't been as glitchy as her Tesla M3.

14. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I’m sure I’ll have all six programmed in no time, but the only one I know I want from the get-go is to select the reverse pedestrian warning to “off” for when I’m backing into my own garage after the graveyard shift.

Rogwp likes this.
  15. CorgiCanoe

CorgiCanoe Member

But that's how my dogs know I'm home!

SameGuy likes this.
  16. SameGuy

YUL
    I decided that I don’t wish to permanently disable the forward warning using i3 in BimmerCode, but I did enable the checkbox, so to clarify how to set the Hot Button for stealth mode: do I navigate to the checkbox and check it, then set my Hot Button?

17. endquote

endquote Active Member

Yes, just press and hold the shortcut button while the checkbox is focused. This is how mine is set up.

I tried the i3 setting twice and reverted it twice, the behavior between the checkbox and forward/reverse was very confusing.

SameGuy likes this.
  18. SameGuy

YUL
    Thanks, doing that tonight!