Recieved a Mini Se 2023, Ask me Anything

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by rustybones, Jun 15, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. rustybones

rustybones Member

...regarding the car that is, no, I dont know what the meaning of life is or why your faucet is leaking.

it will be my first and only car

Attached Files:

CoachCookie and endquote like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Since you did specify that questions were to be about the car, I wasn’t able to ask you where my socks were.
    So I called information at 411. She said look behind the couch.
    She was right.

Mike Wazowski
    & for more

CoachCookie, SameGuy and revorg like this.
  4. rustybones

rustybones Member

I have a solution for that missing sock, behold:
    three socks in a pair

https://www.sharktankblog.com/business/throx/

FrankinCarp likes this.
  5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Did you get the Flex charger and the original charger? Any chance of a side-by-side comparison?

Tetrodotoxin likes this.
  6. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

Not the OP - but here's pictures I took for someone that asked on Reddit:

https://imgur.com/a/RTmBkX7

GvilleGuy and rustybones like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

What are the software versions in the head unit?

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Is this the first sporty car you've ever driven? If not, how does it compare? Has anything about your SE surprised you?

10. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

Again, not OP, but here's mine from my 2023 delivery on June 4th:
    IMG_1935.jpeg

11. rustybones

rustybones Member

Yes! I was surprised to see BMW included two different chargers. The "Flex Fast Charger" is notably more heavier than the slim green one. Here are some pictures (banana for scale). Also a thank you to methorian for the extra pictures.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 9.png

GvilleGuy and -Amanda like this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. What tires did you get? (just curious)

14. rustybones

rustybones Member

I did not know some people considered the Mini to be a sports car, it is the only car I have ever driven. I have not been in a sports car so I can't compare sorry. What surprised me the most was the acceleration! When the dealer guy took me for a test ride I was not ready for the headrest slamming acceleration I squealed like a mouse haha.

insightman likes this.
  15. Puppethead

Thanks! It's not as big as I thought, what maybe 20% bigger than the original? Looks like it fits in the lower boot area just fine.

16. insightman

It's the FlexCharger's wires that are so much bulkier than the Level 1 charging cord. We need to see a photo of a FlexCharger crammed into the lower boot area next to the tire fix-it kit.

Edit: I just saw @CorgiCanoe's photo of it fitting in this thread. I didn't see the tire fix-it kit, but he had both the Level 1 and the FlexCharger in there.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    CorgiCanoe likes this.
  17. acbrown19

acbrown19 New Member

Any sign of the heated steering wheel?

SameGuy likes this.
  18. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Priceless :)

19. rustybones

rustybones Member

I did not receive a heated steering wheel or alarm system, the only 2 features missing from my Mini, but I got a nice credit in lieu of them. I am not too upset about it because I live in toasty Florida and I would almost never use them. I guess I could purchase heated steering wheel covers and install after market alarm systems if I really wanted them.

The heated steering wheel button where one would be is missing here

hsw.png

and no "alarm/panic" button on the mini key fob.

mk.png

SameGuy likes this.
  20. insightman

We early adopters never had a chance for a heated steering wheel or an alarm system and we didn't get any credit for their absence. I've never had a car with a heated steering wheel or an alarm system, so I don't miss them. I got what I wanted: an EV that's fun to drive around corners. There's no alternative available.

SameGuy likes this.
  21. CorgiCanoe

CorgiCanoe Member

The tire fix-it kit is in the boot sub-basement in that photo. :)

22. Puppethead

I think the heated steering wheel is overrated for the SE anyway (even though it works well, I tried one in a loaner). 10-15 minutes of climatization, which you can activate from the app before you go anywhere, and the interior of the car is so comfortable you don't need a heated steering wheel. I think heating the steering wheel is a holdover idea from the ICE way of doing things.

SameGuy likes this.
  23. insightman

Oh, I missed that, but your photo was still instructional. Because the FlexCharger and its adapter cables fit in the bag, I'm guessing it can co-exist with the tire fix-it kit in the boot basement. Fitting the FlexCharger, the Level 1 charging cord, and the tire fix-it kit into the boot basement, however, does not appear possible.