New flex charger with 2023 Mini

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by anshulankush, Mar 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Perhaps in response to Chevy including the very similar Dual Level Charging Cord with the Bolt EUV?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

It was from my salesperson.

Spot on.

4. Thanks!

5. methorian

No problem.

He had sent it when I asked for more details on the charger, along with this slide about the seat options:
    [​IMG]

6. SameGuy

YUL
    Oh wow, MY Lounge is $0 option on Premier+ up here.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Yes but even after adding the +$750 for the upgraded leather seats & HUD, it's only $38,450 USD for the Iconic. That's $48,200 CAD compared to a $51,980 CAD Premier+. Toucher le nez!

9. SameGuy

YUL
    $48,990 Canadian. But… yeah.

Not to mention the outrageous upcharges…

Attached Files:

10. teslarati97

Oups you're right. It's $850USD for freight ($1,061 CAD) and $2,135 CAD for QC freight. I included freight from MINI.ca but it's not included in MINIUSA so it's actually $49,261 CAD ($39,300) compared your $52,704 CAD (add freight, admin, A/C tax).

There weren't many upcharges on your MINI but it would be hard to negotiate with such generous EV rebate incentives from Canada and Quebec. Some people trade in their EV each year in QC and buy a new one because it reduces the GST and QST (lowers total sales price) and they get $13,000 CAD in rebates each year. Will probably change in 2022 but we shall see! As long as the depreciation isn't bad, the governments were paying you $13,000 each year to get a new EV.

SameGuy likes this.
  11. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

My ‘21 Sig+ has the Cross-punch black leather but I wish the Light Chequered had been an option! That would look fantastic in the BRG!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Alexsa

Alexsa New Member

Hi,
    Just bought a 2023 Se!
    We are trying to get the level 2 charger installed in garage. Does anyone know if 8gauge 40amp breaker be enough?

Thanks!
    Alexsa

14. methorian

If you're installing an L14-50 outlet to use the Flexcharger with, then no. It needs to be a 50A rated circuit, so typically 6AWG romex wire and a 50A breaker.

SameGuy likes this.
  15. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

When I picked up my '23, I received both the old charger and the new flex charger.

16. CorgiCanoe

CorgiCanoe Member

Same! I kept my mouth shut when I spied both of them in the boot thinking it must have been an error and I got lucky getting an "extra". I didn't want them to realize the error and take one back! It would be nice if their default is to give both to everyone, it's nice peace of mind to have that extra L1 charger tucked away for emergencies.

SameGuy likes this.
  17. SameGuy

YUL
    Totally agree. I have yet to see confirmation that Canadian 23s are also getting it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rogwp likes this.
  18. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Agreed. I'm thinking of actually using that level 1 when I'm parked outside my office @ work for 6 hours at a time sometimes.

19. methorian

Yea - so far all US '23s delivered seem to have come with both.

My guess is that they'll continue to do so until all the Level 1's they have in their warehouse are used up.

SameGuy likes this.
  20. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

From the photos I've seen, the FlexCharger is so large it might not fit with the tire fix-it kit under the cargo compartment floor. Is that the case? I assumed the Level 1 charger is still included so you have emergency charging capability without losing a big chunk of cargo capacity.

21. teslarati97

It will fit in your trunk compartment, but it's a huge brick. See 1:19

22. methorian

I wouldn't lug around the Flexcharger. The J1772 cord is very thick/heavy. The included level 1/120V charger is what I keep inside for emergency use. If I go on a long trip I may swap it out for my Ford Mobile Charger, which is like the Flexcharger, but only does up to 30A, so it's cord isn't as heavy/thick.

23. SameGuy

YUL
    Hey @Rogwp (and other Canadians)! My MA just texted me, the BMW Flex level 2 charger is indeed included on 2023 Canadian deliveries!!

Barbouille, Rogwp and -Amanda like this.