Big yellow plug badge removal!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Akanaten, Jun 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Well I finally ended up removing the great big yellow plug badge on the back, and added ones of my own, plus some green accents to compliment the BRG. I was hesitant at first, but glad I did it as it seems a cleaner look now. Not to everyones taste I know, but just harking back to how Mini's were made to be modded and individual:)
    upload_2022-6-10_12-4-8.png
    upload_2022-6-10_12-15-41.png
    upload_2022-6-10_12-16-28.png

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ghost

ghost Active Member

I need to take off my yellow badge, too.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone add an e to the right side, not to mention the left.

4. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Looks great! I want to get rid of all the electric badging (well, wheel caps and big yellow badge on back) as well. I really like the mini because it’s like a stealth EV in many ways. People don’t expect a Mini Cooper to be electric where I am.

BackPack, Akanaten and SameGuy like this.
  5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I’m flipping back and forth. I want others to know it’s electric, but that big blob is rather nondescript unless one gives it more than a passing glance. I think the bright yellow S might be sufficient.

Akanaten likes this.
  6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Dental floss, heat, and… adhesive remover?

J22 and Akanaten like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yeh. didn't take too long. Used WD40 to remove adhesive. That stuff shifts anything.

SameGuy likes this.
  9. Thats what I thought. Not in your face, just subtle.

SameGuy likes this.
  10. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

@Akanaten How did you cover the wheel caps. I will be removing the E badge on the back, covering the neon yellow "S"s with Red stickers (car will be chili red with black roof). And am looking at different wheel caps or wheel cap stickers...

I actually don't mind the neon yellow with grey or brg green but looks really odd with red to me!

11. abrandt likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. endquote

endquote Active Member

I removed mine too. I hesitated for a while because I didn't want to do any mods that I couldn't undo later, but that badge is really big and goofy. For me the power spokes and yellow S badges are enough of an EV marker.

I found this video to be helpful. Used a travel hair dryer that doesn't get super hot, this adhesive remover that I already had around, and some fishing line.

IMG_2274.jpeg

Yoyo_boba, ghost and Akanaten like this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Your black-out SE looks great! I don't envy your need for precision parking in that tight space.

GvilleGuy and Akanaten like this.
  15. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The wheel caps should just pop out, and any MINI wheel cap will fit. Except for the Power Spoke wheels, as I found out. With those the center cap is integrated into the off-center cover.

16. endquote

endquote Active Member

17. Like the smoked tail lights and rear fogs. They look good against the body colour.

endquote likes this.
  18. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Mind if I ask where you got the smoked/cleared tail lights from? Looks fantastic.

19. endquote

endquote Active Member

Thanks! There's another thread over here.

20. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Got rid of mine! A5505D63-A516-4978-A5A1-0572FA9C6519.jpeg

SameGuy, Akanaten and abrandt like this.
  21. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

CoachCookie, ghost, -Amanda and 8 others like this.
  22. BackPack

BackPack Member

Looks better. Now you need to get rid of the dealership license plate frame.

moncureww likes this.
  23. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Once I get my permanent tags, that's the plan. Not a big fan of license plate frames at all TBH.