Wanted - any Hyundai dealer US - Nationwide that sells Ioniq 5 without markups

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by FloridaSun, Jan 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GaryClark

GaryClark Active Member

NC
    I focused too much on the accuracy of the features that I didn't circle back to the top side of the spread sheet. I posted this PDF Rev 3 else where and it should be accurate. The colors were lifted from the updated Hyundai web page that is slowly becoming better and updated itself. They are however still doing a very poor job distinguishing between their two gray interiors and this PDF cuts to the quick and clarifies the " - " distinguisher on the web site currently being the only way to tell that there is a difference. Personally I don't like the abrupt end of the green/gray sweeping from the passenger side to the driver side around the HUD area that I saw in a video today. For me it has to be Black on Black or the Gray on Gray finish for the Limited. Either would work with those two body colors that the Green/Gray comes in but sadly all three interior colors can't be found in any exterior color. Therefor if it's Shooting Star or Digital Teal it'll be Black on Black as the only acceptable interior option and they are hard to find.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

If I could convince my wife to give up on an Etron Q4 and get this instead, I'd be looking for a white exterior with grey interior, which I haven't seen yet at a dealer. Probably SE or SEL RWD. Cheaper is better.

4. Loc Quan

Loc Quan New Member

I bought my new 2019 Kona EV Limited from Hyundai Rally in Palmdale, CA. They didn't have any markup while everywhere else south of them had $500 to $2k markup. They gave me $100 below MSRP. They didn't charge me for the $600 worth of add-ons ($600 worth as they claimed). The add-ons were just doors protector trims and wheel-locks; which are probably $30 worth in 2019. Document fees was $75. You don't have to drive there. I haggled over text messaging all the way.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  5. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

When did you buy it? If it was 2019, things have changed since then. Since I didn't or haven't yet actually done the haggling I can't say for sure that they wouldn't have come down in price, I can only say what they said to me. Which was that a pre-ordered vehicle they might do MSRP, but anything on the lot, they wanted markup and crazy addons. Since my wife stills wants a Q4, I'm still waiting and haven't done anything.

I'm tempted to just put in a reservation for the 2022 base model VW ID4 Pro. The range is almost as long, you save money, the palmdale VW dealer is doing MSRP on orders, and it actually has a few features the Ioniq 5 doesn't have such as wireless Android Auto. The sacrifice is obviously charging speed. Then at least if the Q4 never arrives i have a backup plan. But Kyle from Out of Spec seems to love the ID4 so it can't be too bad.

6. Stephen K

Stephen K New Member

Finally saw some RWD Limited scheduled for arrival. Gilroy dealer quoted $8K market adjustment. I'll just have to wait it out.

KJ - Co likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KJ - Co

KJ - Co New Member

Minnesota or the 5 surrounding states, Luther Hyundai isn't adding a market adjustment. Talk to Andy. 612.315.7579, 2

In Colorado, MacDonald Hyundai isn't either. There's $499 dealer handling and $199 (cargo package?). Talk to Doe...tell her Karen sent you. 303.802.0957 They want you to finance with them for best price but in CO you can pay off early without penalty.

In Massachusetts, Mirak in Arlington isn't charging a market adjustment, just $495 dealer handling (or thereabouts). 781.641.6801

Good luck. I've got 2 refundable deposits down and am hoping one of my acceptable colors (green, blue, cyber gray) gets rejected by someone higher up in the queue.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2022
  9. rgg789

rgg789 New Member

AutoNation Hyundai of Corpus Christ, Tx.; they do add two dealer addons for a total of $998. Included are window tint, ceramic paint protection, and fabric protection. I should be picking up my Lucid Blue AWD SEL next week.

KJ - Co likes this.
  10. Crash

Crash Member

Most MN dealers (at least two) are selling at MSRP.

11. Geezer

Geezer New Member

Garvey Hyundai in Queensbury, NY, sells at MSRP. I got mine there recently. They don't automatically tack on dealer installed stuff, either. Great people to work with, too. I highly recommend them, especially sales rep Mark Goodwin.

Frank Pierson` likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Stephen K

Stephen K New Member

Out here in California I'm beginning to believe I will never get a RWD Limited (even if they are even going to be delivered) unless I pay some market adjustment this year. It sort of dulls the $7500 tax refund you are eligible for from the federal gov't. But by the time that Ioniq 5 can meet demands and with Ioniq 6 being announced and the chip shortage is rectified...well it could be years. Hopefully, I can negotiate a reasonable adjustment. The last dealer I talked to wanted $8K!

14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

How about a road-trip from one of the moral, MSRP-respecting dealers identified in this thread? Such a trip would be especially feasible in your RWD Limited with its exceptional range. You could recharge at expensive DC charging stations (expensive compared with home charging), stay in fancy hotels, and eat at gourmet restaurants. Then you, not the usurious CA dealers, would enjoy the benefits of the extra expense.

15. Tree

Tree New Member

Any dealers in the NW or far west that do not add "market adjustment" to the msrp? I'd travel for that!

16. Joe Ventre

Joe Ventre New Member

Hyundai of Fort Myers in Florida does not seem to be charging above MSRP but they don't really have any in stock - ordering takes 2-3 months but at least there is no markup. Mine is due in mid-June after a 2 month wait and all they have tried to sell me above MSRP is $3K for a dealer service plan that covers a number of items. Its not money for nothing. I worked with driveway.com for a while and over a 2 month period they went from no Market Adjustment to up to $10K for an Ioniq 5 Limited. At last check a few days ago none of the dealers they work with (Lithia Motors nationwide) were not charging above MSRP.

17. insightman

What non-warranty service does an EV need that's worth $3K? Does it include a replacement battery if the original goes bad after the warranty expires?

18. Joe Ventre

Joe Ventre New Member

From the info I got from the dealer it covers non battery related cosmetic things like paint scratches, seat stains/tears, tire damage, etc.

insightman likes this.
  19. Bear's Workshop

Bear's Workshop New Member

Ordered an SEL from McDonald Hyundai in Littleton, Co. NO ADM. About $600 in dealer BS. 7 month delivery time.
    Also ordered an SEL from Mission Hills Hyundai in Cali. About $1500 in dealer BS. NO ADM. Will be here in 4 weeks.

20. insightman

What additional BS does Mission Hills include for the extra $900 vs. McDonald? Can Mission Hills provide the color you desire? Might you wish you had waited for the updated 2023 Ioniq 5 (of course, with inflation, it will certainly cost more)?

21. Bear's Workshop

Bear's Workshop New Member

This additional BS? Not even sure. It is worthless stuff so I didn't pay much attention. I think they said security and nitro and some other things.
    I have no desire to wait since I know the price will probably go up. I ordered a Polestar last month knowing that the price was more than likely going up. It went up about $3500 but the one i ordered from incoming would have been the same price but it had AWD so in a sense I got it for free.

Mission Hills had a grey one which I wasn't opposed to. The ones I dont want are white and black. So many white cars in AZ and black in AZ requires oven mitts to touch it.

The one from Colorado if I have to wait 7 months might end up being a 2023 and could cost more. Price on that one is not locked.

insightman likes this.
  22. Unfortunately they don't have any Limited coming in. They got 2 and one was bought in 22 min and shipped to Colorado. The other was sold in 15 min to a couple in Vermont. I'm headed to Utica to try one next.

23. Jim1960

Jim1960 Member

Hyundai of New Haven (CT). As of Tuesday , they had several in stock.