Active Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by MarkSasaki, May 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MarkSasaki

MarkSasaki Active Member

I just want to close the wheel to fender gaps, my current mini has about a finger to a finger and a half of gap. I can't seem to leave anything alone, my truck is lifted and my mini is lowered. But, not obnoxiously high or low, I like to think everything was done in good taste.

yoomini likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Nice. I'd like to close the wheel gap as well but not sure what is safe with the battery being at the bottom.

4. BMW engineered by spending millions, raised the height of mini by an inch to save the battery.... and here we are trying to lower it by an inch :)

yoomini and bfl like this.
  5. bfl

bfl Member

FWIW, ST coilovers are approved by the German safety agency TÜV down to 12.8" hub to fender. That's good enough for me!

I believe stock height is around 14.25-14.5. I went down to about 13-13.25 and was very happy with the results.

IMG_5750.jpg IMG_5737.jpg

SE_PDX, yoomini and MarkSasaki like this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

MINI increased the width of the SE's wheel-well surrounds in an effort to compensate for the increased tire-to-body separation caused by the 18-mm raising of the body. It would be interesting to have been a fly on the wall in the meetings when the designers discussed the need to increase the ground clearance of the SE and how to deal with the change visually.

bfl likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.