Feeling cheated

Discussion in 'LYRIQ' started by Budjo, May 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Budjo

Budjo New Member

So I called Riverside Cadillac in Cartersville, Ga. to ask if they were selling the Lyriq at MSRP. I was told yes they would be selling at MSRP. So on the 18th I went to the dealership and happily ordered my Lyriq. So today I get a call from the dealership saying they were going to be selling the Lyriq above MSRP! I can tell you I am not happy in the least about this. They told me if I can find a dealership that will sell it to me for MSRP I could have the order transferred to that dealership since the order isn’t married to the dealership. WTH is going on besides let’s screw our customers. Way to go GM!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Don't blame GM for this, they suggest the MSRP but the final price is with the dealership. This is all with franchise laws.
    Call the Lyriq Hotline that GM has setup and they can help you move the reservation to another dealership.
    Here is a reminder if you want MSRP and the dealership to HONOR their MSRP commitment after talking to them GET IT IN WRITING and SIGNED either on PAPER or in EMAIL.

John321 likes this.
  4. Budjo

Budjo New Member

You would think that GM would not like their customers being taken advantage of by their dealers. No matter who’s fault it is it still makes GM look bad. At least in my eyes.

Johnny Mars likes this.
  5. This is why GM asks you to tell them and you can move to another dealership as long as the vehicle hasn't been built/shipped yet.
    This can/will impact future allocations to that dealership as they will be cut off from receiving hot new vehicles to sell, such as Hummer EVs, Corvette ZO6s, Silverado EVs, and Lyriq EVs. GM wants EVs to be sold at fair prices at/near MSRP.

6. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

My dealer, Fields in St Augustine, FL said no markup. If they charge one, or an expensive set of add-ons, I will cancel. Buying a car without ever having seen one in person, sat in it, and driven it is lunacy, yet that is what the car buying experience has become for EV's. Eff that. If GM wants to engender brand loyalty, they should reimburse buyers who have been bamboozled by dealers with ADM's.

Zen likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Talk to the dealer and get it in writing... if they play games and say no then move on.

9. Budjo

Budjo New Member

5A5BD2FA-641E-43AF-A72F-163AEADF6743.jpeg

10. Budjo

Budjo New Member

Think this would hold them to the deal?

11. Johnny Mars likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Zen

Zen New Member

Maybe the Tesla direct to consumer model is superior resulting in a level thievery field.

Frank K likes this.
  14. SailorK

SailorK New Member

Everybody hates dealers. The business model so encourages lie, cheat and steal.... How much longer before the dealer model goes the way of Sears? Tesla did it. Vroom, Carvana etc doing it for used cars..... I don't need a car right now, so I've decided my next car is a BEV, but hopefully end of the year will bring more supply and more alternatives.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2022
    Frank K likes this.
  15. Yep.
    Polestar is seeing an uptick in sales, too.

It's abuse of consumers by a monopoly.

Frank K likes this.
  16. Jake Blues

Jake Blues New Member

I had a different but disturbing experience with my dealer in Seattle, WA. I placed my reservation 22 minutes after reservations were open on May 18th. I would think that would place me close to the front of the line at this dealership. Two days later, a salesman from the dealership called me and stated that they had 47 orders for Lyriqs and for $5k, I could move to the front of the line. I am not in a hurry and with other EV's it takes at least a year to get one. Still, It is complete BS that the dealer is charging extra for advanced delivery.

ScubaSteve, Johnny Mars and Domenick like this.
  17. Except they can't change the order in which the reservations came in... Only way they'd be able to do that is if they held the vehicle once it came into the dealership... Call GM... That's BS.

ScubaSteve likes this.
  18. Markolavich

Markolavich New Member

CT
    I live in CT and the dealer lobby has enough "progressive" legislators in their pocket to block any changes. Thousands of Teslas traverse the leafy enclaves of Greenwich, Darien and New Canaan every day...all purchased online and picked up a few miles away in New York State. The dealer model as it exists today cannot and will not survive. However, as erroneously attributed to Churchill: “You can depend upon the Americans to do the right thing. But only after they have exhausted every other possibility.”

19. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

YES, nearly any court would consider that enough to bind the deal as you acted and relied on it

Nebula likes this.
  20. Tifosi

Tifosi Active Member

My chevy dealer in Scottsdale tried to charge me 15K markup on a silverado EV. You can imagine what I told them. I should call that GM line!

21. John321

John321 Member

Great advice is post #2.

I might also add use a car broker or respected internet car buying service - do not think you are tied to your local Dealer - you aren't.

Nebula likes this.
  22. When a Lyriq order is put through at the dealership they have to check these 4 boxes indicating that the Dealership and the Customer understand the terms. If the Dealership isn't being truthful... well call GM!

Attached Files:

23. Budjo

Budjo New Member

Yup, mine were all checked and we both signed it. Not sure if its worth getting a lawyer. Though I believe I would prevail.

Frank Pierson` and Domenick like this.