Any way to adjust charge door?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Mark W, May 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Hi all,

My Clarity's charge door has always stuck out some. I should have asked Honda about it when it was under warranty. Can it be adjusted? I looked at it and couldn't find anything obvious. Thanks! IMG_20220517_151542060_HDR.jpg

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I just looked at mine.

If you slowly close it (as opposed to slamming it) there is a distinctive click from the latch mechanism when it closes all the way.
    Do you get this distinctive click? I can get mine to look just like yours if I gently close it and don't push it hard enough for the latch to click.

If you aren't getting the click, try pressing it just a little harder. It looks to me like your latch is not grabbing (as opposed to needing some kind of adjustment).

If you don't get the click in spite of pressing it harder, perhaps the latch (which looks like plastic) is broken.

Edit: Now that I look closer at your photo, it looks like it is out of whack on the front edge. If it doesn't latch all the way as in my experiment, it would be out of alignment towards the rear of the car (not fully closed). Your problem seems to be associated with the hinge rather than the latch...

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    Mark W likes this.
  4. Both the electric and the gas door are a bit wonky. I don't think there's any user-adjustable way to adjust it, but I don't have the service manuals so I'd be happy to be proven wrong

Mark W likes this.
  5. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Yes, the issue is on the hinge side, so shouldn't be a latch issue. Thanks for the reply though!