Peugeot e-208 GT

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by John Blund, May 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Blund

John Blund New Member

Not sure i f this might be an American forum, maybe that is why Peugeot as a brand is not listed, but it's a popular brand in Europe.

My car...

Peugeot e-208 GT.jpeg

dark night, gooki and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Welcome to the Forum!
    Feel free to tell us about your ownership experience. Peugeot was sold in Canada when I was a kid. We had one and the brand has always had a place in my heart.
    fixingthecar.jpg

4. John Blund

John Blund New Member

I have only had this Peugeot e-208 GT for about 3 weeks now. Just made my first longer journey for about 2 x 600 km or 373 x 2 miles with several charging stops and it worked perfectly. I have read so much about EV's and that many do not get the full charging power of their EV's which with my car is Max 100 kW, but during my charging stops I always got 97-98 kW when I had around 10-15% charge in the battery. Temperature outside was between 7-15 degrees Celsius.

The car is fun to drive, feels sporty even though it does not have huge power like a Tesla or Polestar etc, but still fun to drive. Peugeot has a cool instrument display which is displayed in 3D. So some things looks like they are in the background, but the speed you are driving looks like it's displayed closer to you than other information. This can of course be customized so other things are displayed closer to you.

It's a small car as you can see in the picture above, but I do not need any bigger car. I have no kids, just me and the wife.
    The downside with this car is that the infotainment system is crap. As it also is in many other brands. But that is just how it is if you have tried the Tesla one or the Polestar one. Then everything else feels quite outdated. But I can live with it.

I have actually had several Peugot. 2015 I had a Petrol 208 with the older look and from 2019 I had a petrol Peugeot 308 GT SW. They all had quite similar infotainment system so I'm used to it, but the e-208 has more functions since it is an EV. Still crap and has no app possibilities like Spotify, Youtube etc, but it has Android auto and Apple carplay so that makes it much better of course.

Domenick likes this.
  5. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Nice car. Glad it has android auto and car play.