Latest MAP updates available 4/28/22 - experiences ?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Tim94549, Apr 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I see that the latest MAPS/NAV updates were released today. Curious about general experiences as anyone installs them. I'm a bit gun-shy after the Fiasco last November that took weeks of working with the Map-n-Soft support team to resolve.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I updated the non-maps Display Audio version for my 2019. No noticeable changes, the release notes claim it improves Bluelink, but eh, we'll see.

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I updated yesterday. Fingers crossed. It took about an hour & 10 mins to install.

5. instanoodles

instanoodles New Member

So far so good, took almost 1.5 hours and went though the update process twice. I miss the 3 segment main screen as the new one is pretty useless but my USB stick for music works again so thats all I care about. I'm kinda pissed that in the EULA you give up your right to a class action lawsuit against Hyundai if you use the software, adding that into the EULA should be illegal.

6. Worked fine for me. A member posted in the FB group that it semi-bricked his infotainment system, but he was able to do a second install and then it was fine.

A discussion of features starts here in another thread. This update actually fixes a few things that previous updates messed up.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

STILL getting the 'Not Available' notice as of today 5/9 at 7 pm

HyperSmiler likes this.
  9. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Where you located? What type of EV do you have?

10. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

California, Kona Electric 2021

11. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

Yea, interesting. Yours should be eligible. The only though I have is they PULLED it - maybe due to some issue that got reported. This same situation occurred in the Nov 2021 update ... they pushed out a replacement in Dec 2021.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I was able to start downloading the update just now onto a USB drive. 2021 Ultimate, 10.25" display.

14. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

I have not seen any mention of the update being available:
    https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeList

Is yours for the USA and available somewhere else?

Lawrence

15. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

OK, live in soCal, Kona EV Ultimate '21... after three days of getting the 'not available for your vehicle', I was finally able to download the update Wednesday night (5/11), and install it Thursday morning. Everything seems to have gone all right (except that the car screen say update will take 25-28 minutes, it actually took 93 minutes). The nixie tubes are gone on the radio display, you have a scrollable list of your radio presets that includes station icons, frequencies, and names. Voice commands can change stations, but not find music on an installed USB stick. Navigating the music on the USB stick is still as frustration as ever. The map navigation screen(s) look different, the 3-D map view seems to have disappeared. There is a new 'feature' of a split screen that shows the text of what you have dictated to the voice command on the screen (voice to text)... I am not sure what purpose that serves, except to confirm that you said what you said.... o_O
    I'll try some of the other things today and tomorrow.

16. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Can you post the link?

Lawrence

17. Bookbear

Bookbear Member

18. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Apparently no good for those of us living in the UK!

Lawrence

19. Toby Whitehead

Toby Whitehead New Member

So I just got a 2021 Kona Ultimate and Tried this map update (which takes forever)! Once it updated 1-5 it rebooted and started updating 1 again. Should I have pulled out the USB when it rebooted? Also, I tried the display audio update but the system doesn't recognize the zip file when I press to update it. I unpacked the download (OS.zip), which was another zip file, and put it on another USB drive. Am I doing something wrong?

20. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

Oh dear, yes you are doing something wrongly. You need to read through the 'how to do it notes', that are showed as part of the downloading process. The whole process struck me as remarkably effective - speaking as a former Ford Focus owner who has done this before. In contrast to Ford, the USB/memory card stick configuration was very simple and the main installation is done with the engine off. Bluelink can send you a message giving you (seletable) notice - I chose 5 minutes! Read those notes and enjoy.

Lawrence

21. Toby Whitehead

I was able to get the Map software updated but not the Display Audio Software. I put the extracted file on the USB as instructed but when I put it in the car is says "No Supported File Found".

John McLellan likes this.
  22. Toby Whitehead

There is no DAUDIO folder within the Zip files and all the other files are encrypted so they will not extract.

23. HK64_L

HK64_L Member

The notes included with the download page briefly note that the USB/card has to have all the files on the root directory. Anything not included with the download cannot be installed. It certainly won't recognise a zipped folder.

Lawrence