Minor-Major Modifications to an SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Chris Madden, Feb 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

DON'T get the Jabriel. The issue I discovered is it doesn't keep the date/time each time the camera restarts, and you end up with a mash-mash of clips which all have the same Jan 01, 2020 date. I found a different product, from FitCamX, they seem more legit and assured me their camera does not have this problem, and they also have a dedicated phone app for their camera. Installation is the same for both, and the only challenge is stuffing the wires in the case. Overall pretty easy. It ships from China, I expect my FitCam to arrive in the next few weeks, and will let everyone know how it all goes!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

Yes... smoke taillights and fogs too I hope. I'm not even sure where to watch for them... eBay? ECS?

4. endquote

endquote Active Member

Right on, I'll wait for your result. I did scroll down that aliexpress page to discover lots more info... and that review at the bottom that's probably yours!

5. drdunkyn

Yes indeed -- their solution was to have me take apart the camera and solder a button battery onto the little spot where apparently there could be one. I sent it back, the $30 I had to pay for shipping was worth it to move on (free return had to be within 15 days). I'll be more thorough the next time I laud a product on here, I don't want to send fellow SE-ers on the wrong track!

endquote likes this.
  6. drdunkyn

I made a new post about the FitCamX that I used to replace the camera. Same set-up and MUCH better results!

endquote likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. david9999999

david9999999 Member

First mod to my car, the “night jack” side scuttles. Not a fan of the yellow badges on a red car, I think this is a great improvement!

Attached Files:

h-dogg, ghost and endquote like this.
  9. ghost

ghost Active Member

I dechromed my side scuttles PXL_20220110_213405736.MP.jpg

h-dogg and david9999999 like this.
  10. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Nice choice. Have to agree with yellow on red. All others I like the yellow though!

Looks great! I have my black side scuttles on order now.

11. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Not a Ferrari fan, I assume?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

yellow looks good calipers and a rest
    11886D8B-6F2C-49DF-9081-9EFB61ECEEA4.jpeg

ghost, endquote and david9999999 like this.
  14. h-dogg

h-dogg Member

Nice, did you vinyl wrap the chrome?

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

16. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Yellow looks good only on E R G the rest remove yellow and switch to black

17. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

4D35DFC0-49C0-455D-92E7-CECA700116E1.jpeg

18. david9999999

david9999999 Member

Hah! As it turns out, green and blue are my favorite colors on a Ferrari. I’m not trying to imitate the Italians with my SE (though it is getting some Italian wheels ;))

19. ghost

ghost Active Member

Plastidip. The chrome piece pulls off pretty easily. Sprayed it when I did my other chrome trim.

h-dogg likes this.
  20. Hi there.
    Did someone succeed to install hooks in the upper part of hood (see arrows in attached photo) for a net mesh? Some details would be welcome. Places for hooks .jpg

21. Hi there.
    Did anybody installed rear mud flaps on SE from 2023? My dealer said that code 82 16 2 338 566 whici is for mud flaps for SE 2022 does not apear to be compatible with 2023 version.

22. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Hand build by myself IMG_0960.jpeg

23. Hi there !
    I have to install double dashcam and I need to remove the glove box in my MINI Cooper SE 2023, to better pos and fix the power cables.
    I found 5 screws, 2 on the upper part of the face, 1 in front part of the top and 2 under the glove box. But after removing the 5 screws the glove box refuse to come out. Is there some other things I have to do before trying to pool out the glove box?
    Thanks.