New Wheels & Painted Calipers for my Cooper SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Glenn Marcucio, Apr 19, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I purchased new wheels for my 2022 Mini Cooper SE Electric. I will mount my summer tires on these new wheels and purchase new winter tires for my original Power Spoke wheels that I hate the looks of and are original equipment on the car. I might try and sell them in the meantime. While I had all four wheels and tires off, I painted my brake calipers.

IMG_2943.jpg IMG_2981.jpg IMG_2982.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    GvilleGuy, F14Scott, MichaelC and 5 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ghost

ghost Active Member

Looks good! Must be nice having a lift!

Why not energetic yellow?

I'm planning on doing this, too.

Glenn Marcucio likes this.
  4. Thanks, energetic yellow would make more sense as the center caps trim are yellow as are the other emblems on the car. However, the yellow trim is just not my thing. My plan is to black out those other emblems and trim and install the black beltline trim and then I'm done dressing her up to my liking! LOL And yes, my lift in the garage works out great! For the cost of $2,495 brand new and free shipping it was well worth it.

ghost likes this.
  5. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Glad you're getting some of the cosmetics to your liking. While you're at it I'd recommend tinting the side markers, those front amber ones stick out like a sore thumb (and they go along with the yellow you don't necessarily like)!

6. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Looking at a pictures I believe yours lifting points to lift a car are in wrong location I hope is just perspective of a picture bc you can create damage to a body if you are in wrong location

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

3B2F9943-B068-45A5-BF10-229FFC4156C2.jpeg
    I add hockey packs to existing points to lift a car
    59D8861D-FF1F-4595-B8E4-77DE999146B4.jpeg 3B2F9943-B068-45A5-BF10-229FFC4156C2.jpeg

Attached Files:

CoachCookie likes this.
  9. The lift pads are set on the factory lifting blocks and according to the American Lift Institute Guide.

IMG_2984.jpg IMG_2986.jpg IMG_2989.jpg IMG_2988.jpg

10. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Tommm and Glenn Marcucio like this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I carry with me full spare and a jack that’s why I install them permanently over crappy existing is not matter to me they cheap but for me Is convince do not look for when I need them

13. I decided to go with the John Cooper Works Center Caps for my new wheels. IMG_3010.jpg IMG_3011.jpg

GvilleGuy likes this.
  14. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Have you removed the yellow MINI-E logo from the hatch, too?

15. No, I haven't removed it. I'm undecided what I want to do with it. I probably won't remove it and if I do anything with it maybe I'll just black it out.

16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

So medium EV incognito. I think it's great that there are so many ways people can configure their MINIs to be exactly the car they want. I'm of the EV MAX persuasion; I ordered all the Energetic Yellow bits and my customization was to remove the skeumorphic hood scoop.

17. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

18. BackPack

BackPack Member

Has anyone removed this badge? I’m hoping it’s just held on with adhesive and not one that uses pins and adhesive. I always like the understated de-badged look for my cars. Maybe I’ll feel different once I get this Mini.

19. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Just adhesive but it takes a bit of work to get it removed since it's a larger size badge.

20210710_161812.jpg

BackPack and moncureww like this.
  20. From what I see Yellow is actually the "in" color now on a lot of vehicles! I also have a 2021 Corvette Stingray which the body color is Red Mist Tintcoat with black interior and black trident spoke wheels. Yellow is a very popular caliper and body stripes color on the Corvette now along with interior trim in yellow. I like the body color on the Corvette in yellow. As far as the hood scoop on the Mini SE I like it but wish it had some type of functionality.

21. Would this replace the E badge on the rear hatch?

Picture1.jpg

GvilleGuy likes this.
  22. ghost

ghost Active Member

I removed mine w/ a heat gun and fishing line. Plastidipped it black, then heated it up and stuck it back on.
    PXL_20220110_213340390.MP.jpg

simplex123 and idesignstuff like this.