Shell Recharge (Formerly Greenlots)

Discussion in 'General' started by Bruce M., Apr 20, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there have experience with the Shell Recharge app? I'm trying to sign up, but when I click "submit," it keeps telling me I need to input my name -- which, of course, I already did. I sent a message via their "contact us" form seeking help, but no response yet.

In some parts of Hawaii island they are the only charging option, so I do want to have a functioning account in case I need them, even though it will likely be infrequent.

Has anyone else experienced this? Figured out a solution?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

Well the response here hasn't exactly been deafening, but the app finally let me sign up just now -- after 10 or 11 failed attempts through the day. I didn't do anything differently; it just decided to work.

gooki likes this.
  4. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Glad you got signed up. It's appalling the state of some of these systems.

Bruce M. likes this.
  5. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Several of the state-run chargers in New York use Greenlots / Shell for their backend. The transition was pretty uneventful to me. She’ll seems to work much more reliably than Greenlots, at least so far. Greenlots was the one that made me sign in every time, and then wait while it downloaded the maps. Again. It was frustrating to say the least. Shell is much quicker to load and doesn’t require a fresh sign in every time.

FWIW, I am an iPhone user with an older device (iPhone 8)

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. ITown

ITown Active Member

I use Greenlots/Shell Recharge to charge up at home (I live in a condominium complex). I've found the app to be pretty simple to use, but have had plenty of issues with chargers being unreliable. I don't remember having any problems with signup though.

7. To remove this ad click here.