Car Wash Options

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Glenn Marcucio, Feb 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

More like 40 years. Car washes are for people who don't know how to use a sponge or a towel.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

That is true, but you should try hand washing in a -11F garage.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  4. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

The chief problems with going to a car wash are:
    a) they don't do a thorough job,
    b) you can purchase a lot of really good car care products with the money you've just spent,
    c) waiting in line is not productive, and,
    d) it starts snowing just as you leave the car wash, and you end up right behind the salting truck.

5. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

You make a good point. I hate it when the sponge freezes to the paint.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I go to the 8-quarter car wash in the winter because I can't use my hose in freezing temperatures. I always do my washing on a sunny day and after I pull out of the stall I hope the water on the side facing the sun won't freeze up while I'm drying the other side. If it does freeze, I just leave it because I'm worried about rubbing the ice and scratching the paint. At least it's clean ice.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

Nobody told you that you have to live on the north pole! :)

Every summer, I think that I could live further north but then every winter I complain that it is too cold. The few days we've had in the 70's has made me ready for summer. I also can't imagine driving on a salted road with a new car. I don't care how cheap it is, I wouldn't do it. I would have a summer car and a cheap beater for the winter.

9. Here in Toronto you are not allowed to wash your car in your driveway. Because the run-off is going down the rain water drain and eventually directly or indirectly goes into the lake. Not environmental friendly. I wash my car in self-serve car wash with my own soap with wax, and wax again using car detailing wax while wet.