Delivery Spreadsheet - Let's Track These Inbound SEs

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by F14Scott, Jul 27, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Purple Cow

Purple Cow New Member

Same with me. I ordered a 2022 Sig+ on 12/13/21.

I got lucky and it was built just after the plant opened up from one shutdown but before the more lengthy shutdown. It was in Southampton on 3/1/22 and was loaded onto the Orion Highway about two weeks later. But it took a slow journey. For some reason, it was offloaded at the Baltimore port and spent a week there. Then it was transported by truck to the NY/NJ port which is where it is currently sitting. ASK MINI says it's estimated to arrive at the dealer on 4/19. The wait after it is built is the hardest part!

But I was lucky to get the alarm, H/K stereo and heated steering wheel (really the only thing I care about!).

wessy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BiggieSmall

BiggieSmall Member

Don’t sleep on the HK audio. It’s very good!

squirrelking86 and Purple Cow like this.
  4. squirrelking86

squirrelking86 New Member

I wanted the HK audio but I could only get the credit as well as the alarm so I settled for the signature and save 8k and put my own audio system as well as de chrome the whole car

5. The thing about the base audio is that it physically has less speakers (4 plus 2 under the front seats), so there's no A pillar tweeters. If you want a decent upgrade you may need to cut up/do a lot of modifications.

A good option for a simple upgrade from the base system would be Bavsound, where they've designed two sets of speakers for the F56 base system - a 4 speaker upgrade for $399 and the two underseat ones (which add quite a bit of bass) for $599.

6. wessy

wessy Active Member

Oooh, a Resolute SE — can’t wait to see it! Did you order it with the standard cloth seats or spring for the optional leather?

Scrambler likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. squirrelking86

I agree and knew that going in so my resolution is to buy the HK pillars for the tweeters as for the rear I’m fine with single speakers and I am using Bavsound for both speakers and sub. Bit more work but cheaper as it’s the only reason I wanted the Iconic trim. Oh and the black trim but got that for less then $500 including the waistline. I hope it comes out sounding good as the have a 100 day guarantee.

9. Would you know to access the under seat speakers? Are they under the floor?

10. squirrelking86

yes under the seats on both sides there’s about 2 or 4 screws hex I believe and I need to tilt the seat should be 15 mins each side if I remember correctly.

11. Cool, thanks heaps, will look for them

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

F14Scott? I just signed up on this forum. Have an SE Resolute on order. Are you a former Tomcat driver? If so, me too. VF-114 1985-88. Go Varks! Wish I could fly one more night trap. Not.

14. Scrambler

Scrambler Member

I asked if I could upgrade to leather, the dealer said the Resolute can only come with the cloth seats. I think they said the only things that could be specified were sunroof and maybe roof rails.

wessy likes this.
  15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It will be interesting to see if ANY factory customization can be specified for the 2024 SE. I'm speculating that there will be no sunroof delete option and accessories such as roof rails will be installed at the receiving port.

16. david9999999

david9999999 Member

My car is finally at the dealer! Placed my deposit on December 18th. Super excited to pick it up this weekend!

wessy, Purple Cow, jimmm18 and 4 others like this.
  17. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

Hi Mike,

RIO, 1991-1998. 124 RAG, 154 Japan (Black Knights Rule), 201 Ft. Worth. Call sign WEIRD.

Do you know SLEDGE Richter? I flew with him at the RAG when he was doing refresher/CQ and I was a replacement, and then he became my XO in Japan.

Glad to have you aboard!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Denise C and SameGuy like this.
  18. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    For those of us sitting in the cheap seats in awe, RIO is the Merlin/Slider/Wolfman/Goose seat?

19. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

Yep, the Radar Intercept Officer.

SameGuy likes this.
  20. F14Scott

The industry term is "trunk monkey."

Chaz Fisher, abrandt and SameGuy like this.
  21. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    :D

22. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

Yeah, I always wished I could trade my RIO for 200 pounds of gas. And RIOs always called me a Nose Gunner. Kidding! I owe my life (more than once) to good RIOs. I know the name Richter but can't remember how or when that was. I was at VF-126 doing adversary stuff when you first arrived at the RAG. Left for the airlines in '91. Owned four Minis in the past, including a couple JCWs. Looking forward to the Resolute, I think. Just got the build sheet from the dealer for a summer delivery. No security system or heated steering wheel for me, apparently. Getting a cash credit. Supply chain issues, I was told. I am seriously considering waiting for specs on the 2024.

23. F14Scott

Awesome. I had a JCW Paceman before my SE Iconic, and the SE is better in every way.

You must know HACK McMasters. We were and are best buds. Great guy, beautiful family. His oldest, born within weeks of my oldest, both in Japan, is a Rhino driver, now. We are old!