Charging with the Included Level 1 Aptiv EVSE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by h-dogg, Mar 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. F14Scott

F14Scott Well-Known Member

I VRBOed a house with old, two wire wiring (hot and neutral) but not-to-code three-prong outlets. My Tesla 120/240V connector would not function without a ground wire. I suspect the MINI connector is similar, in that regard.

SameGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RunOnE

RunOnE Member

My house was built in 1970 and it also has the Aluminum wiring. I need to get a CO/ALR outlet or Alumiconn connectors for my garage.

4. Martha

Martha Member

This just happened to me. I have a home built in 1951. I have been charging Level 1 because I have to upgrade the panel and install outlet for the Level 2 EVSE that being said we were charging through the outlet fine with no issues for 4 months all of sudden the Level 1 EVSE began to fault. I did not realize but in the menu setting in Level 1 charging I had set at maximum I set it at reduced. Now I am not having this issue. So I am not sure if this information will help you.

5. h-dogg

h-dogg Member

Hi Martha,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that and no dice (old 1940s house with no ground). My landlord will upgrade to a Level 2 outside outlet in the fall so I got something to look forward to. Right now, it's not too bad with a ChargePoint public charger in walking distance.