SE Signature base level trims taking months longer?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moncureww, Apr 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I haven't heard a damn thing. I would hope that they would help me keep my slot or expedite it. I am surprised I had to follow up to find this out - I was just asking for the production #. They're probably not working with much information - and the world has really changed with dealerships since Covid and now Ukraine.

Anyway, the dealership GM sounded very earnest and honest when he was telling me that Mini just wasn't going to make the Sig SE base any more. He went upstairs while I was there and tried to re-enter the order for me with my changes, but said that he'd have to have his sales manager do it when he was in next. I told him I drove there to sign an updated buyers' order, but he told me my the salesperson / sales team member would have to send me the updated buyers order. I then emailed him saying thank you for his time, copied him on my build and the email I sent my salesperson and the sales manager, and it's less than 24 hours later and I haven't heard anything back.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

It's time for the "did you drop this Benjamin?" ploy, but to make that work you have to be there in person on one of the rare days the sales manager graces the dealership with his/her presence.

4. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I do know the sales manager I deal with, mentioned he was going on vacation this week, when I contacted them to get my production number the prior week.

moncureww likes this.
  5. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I'm going to have them refund my deposit if they can't get the order in today

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Maybe just ask why they can't get the order in today and keep your deposit in if they give you a good explanation. I placed my deposit long before SE production began and waited 51 weeks for delivery. Every day I smile when driving my "Elektro"--how many sub-$40K EVs can do this? I wonder, do any $100K EVs make their drivers smile, too?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Well, I hope they take care of you. I assume since you have a production number already, if anything your car will move up in priority with the trim level upgrade.

9. Chaz Fisher

Chaz Fisher Member

It's sure sounding like Mini has realized they will be limited on how many cars they can actually sell, and are pushing up the trim levels (and therefore profit margins) on the ones they deliver. Seems like they may have cut off sales of the base Signature trim. Sorta like how there's no such thing as a RWD Model Y. I hope they manage to come through for you, @moncureww

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about this, since MINI can't make enough SEs to meet demand. It could be supply chain related—if you can only get X number of frobnitz that all models need (such as wire harnesses), you'd want to prioritize the higher-paying customers.

insightman likes this.
  11. Chaz Fisher

Chaz Fisher Member

Yeah, I guess I phrased that poorly - when I said, "... limited on how many cars they can actually sell...'" what I was trying to say is they will be supply-limited. So I think I agree with you, @Puppethead

moncureww likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I'm on top of them. They tell me to have more allocations of the SE's than all the other dealers in the region. And that they're going to be okay for the signature plus and iconic trims - But that it's just a s*** show having to reorder all the signatures.

14. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Yep he's getting back in at noon today.. keep me posted on what he says.

15. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I do not have a production number. All I had was a build number.

16. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

17. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I was using those terms synonymously - as we will get a vin number once it goes into production. Took me almost 5 weeks to get the production number after 2023 orders opened up. It may have come in sooner, but not sure, as I had to contact them to get it. I don't believe I ever had a build number. And my build sheet was just a marked up 2022 template since it was prior to the 2023 orders when I put my deposit down 1/22

18. BiggieSmall

BiggieSmall Member

Sucks for all of these Signature orders. It’s really been a **** show transitioning from 2022 to 2024 models.

The fact that they pulled the signature model from the website tells me this could have been handled/communicated better.

They already have too many sig+/iconic to handle anyway…why be greedy and take the sig orders when they knew there was a good chance they would be delayed significantly?

Forgiving even that, the communication to this day is piss poor.

Anyway, just wanted to rant on behalf of the sig orders…I’d be furious my order was suddenly delayed by months and/or had to change!

19. Wreckless117

Wreckless117 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about some of y'all sig orders, was worried about mine myself and contacted dealer today and they actually had a build number and vin available since Monday. Sig Ordered on 3/11/22, so maybe still hope for some...

20. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Update: under my old build number, the dealer has updated my order and released to Mini my new, upgraded Signature+ build. Crossing my fingers I get a production number within the next few weeks! They were quite helpful. I'm sure they've got their hands full with all the changes in production.

21. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I agree. They told me it could take a very long time to come in and they couldn't promise when at all with the Sig base. Even though it's a bit more $$ I think I can live with a sunroof, bonnet stripes, and the white roof and mirror caps that I was looking for and planning to put on afterwards anyway. Had I known this would have been the case - again communication from the manufacturer not the dealer - I would have probably bit the bullet early on and ordered the signature + on March 7th. I just feel for all the folks that are going to be hearing very soon from their MAs that the builds they ordered may not be coming in anytime soon or at all. But I was happy to see that on my build sheet it had my old build number so I'm hoping I got a good place in the queue.

22. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

All I know is they kept the same build number or build code when I signed an updated build sheet from the dealership today. It appears it's been submitted to Mini by the dealer. At this point that's all I know. They were very responsive and put it through right away when I pushed.

abrandt likes this.
  23. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

This sounds so frustrating!!! I count my blessings that my SA plugged me into a cancelled order, and had my little buddy in 3 months. It seems like every dealer does things differently, depending on demand and the integrity of the SA. All I can say is the wait is worth it -- best car I've ever owned, and so satisfying to own it. Just keep the faith, moncureww!

insightman likes this.