SE Signature base level trims taking months longer?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moncureww, Apr 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I was just speaking to my motoring advisor at Mini of Alexandria today. They were telling me that the order I placed on the 7th of March for my SE Signature would take months longer than ordering a signature plus. They were going to reach out to all of their customers that placed base SE models this weekend and let them know. I just thought I would put this out there and was wondering if anyone else heard anything like this?

I actually wanted the white roof with the white mirrors & hood stripes, so I've just upgraded my build.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

I have a SE Signature+ on order from the same dealer, same order date. I have been curious about timing vs. trim level. The SE iconic trim level order from about the same time/same dealer has gone into production. I'm hoping I will be in production in the next few weeks, but we shall see. Thankfully I work from home and can manage the wait :)

moncureww likes this.
  4. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

You aren’t the first person on here who’s dealer told them that. I can only say that my Sig 2023 doesn’t seem to be delayed. But it is possible they started prioritizing after I put in my order.

I was bummed about not being able to get white caps and roof when I was able to final submit my 2023 order. Crossing my fingers I at least get the flex charger as compensation. I’ll be doing my own stripes.

moncureww likes this.
  5. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Yes, he said that they were making a formal announcement this weekend to all of their SE Signature base level trim customers from the past month. I am a little miffed I'll end up paying about $4k more, but in the end my wife will be happier - she doesn't like leather seating surfaces, and I'll get the configuration I was hoping for when I did my 2022 build on the configurator.

6. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

Just went to the dealer today to upgrade to iconic from sig+ and they couldn’t do the change because mine had started production. Wasn’t too bummed about not being able to upgrade with that news.

Apparently next week is going to be when they push though a large amount of se’s (sig+ and iconic).

I order in early Feb.

it does make sense that the sig is no longer a priority since it seems they are not really wanting to offer that as a trim option anymore.

moncureww likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

Indeed, I was told when I ordered mine in early March. The dealership told me they prioritize producing higher trim first.

9. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I'm curious whether the prioritization is happening at the corporate level or the dealership level. My money is on the dealer.

10. Jim In Tucson

Jim In Tucson Well-Known Member

I’m guessing this is primarily happening because the Sig is the least profitable model, and while SE demand is up it makes sense to only offer the more profitable iterations.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

11. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Placed an order for a Sig on 2/7/2022 and it finally moved to "Production Begins" today!

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Chaz Fisher

Chaz Fisher Member

I ordered an SE Signature on Feb 28, from Crown Mini in Richmond. It showed up as entering production today on miniusa.com. I did have to go through some negotiations with the dealer, because in February they thought they would not be getting any Signature trim cars allocated to them. But with a little gentle persuasion, I got the order placed.

I would not be surprised if there is a specific, limited allocation of Signature trims for each dealer, and it may be that your dealer's allocation is all spoken for. Did they give you any idea of how many months it would be delayed?

14. CorgiCanoe

CorgiCanoe Member

Same here. I bumped mine up with my MA a few weeks ago when he called to tell me they would be prioritizing Sig+ and Iconic trims, but like you it turns out I wouldn't have been able to get the roof/mirrors I wanted anyway, so I don't feel bad about it. Mine has been in "Production Begins" for about two weeks now.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
  15. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I just spoke to the general manager of the store. He told me they were not going to make them anymore. So now I'm upgrading to my signature plus right now, sitting at the dealer.

16. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I just went by the dealership today and spoke to the general manager in person. He said there was absolutely no availability of the signature-base models. He told me they were just not available anymore. It's interesting that I had to be this proactive and keep asking to get these answers as a customer..

17. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

I got the sense from the general manager at the Mini dealer that I went to - not the sales manager - that it was coming from top down. He told me they just weren't going to make them. The guy was pretty legit.

18. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

moncureww likes this.
  19. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

20. wally3

wally3 Active Member

i know that car - it’s a demo at the dealer that is not for sale…but i ordered pretty much the same from that dealer on March 9….the waiting is the hardest part….

21. rajiv33

rajiv33 Member

22. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Three calls a day from people who somehow believed the ad was for a new, 0-mile SE those callers could buy? I guess it's the ad including a price for the car that fools people.

How do test drives in this car work--does the dealership disconnect the odometer to maintain 0 miles or do they attach a digital drill to rewind the digital odometer after each test drive?

23. abrandt

abrandt Active Member

Are they keeping you in your same production slot? And since we are at the same dealership and now the same trim level, were they able to give you any sense of timing?