Rivian R1T pre-order holders, check in here

Discussion in 'R1T' started by Domenick, Nov 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. William Bryan

William Bryan New Member

I might be too late to tell you this but I didn’t get a confirmation number when I put down the deposit. Just an email with a receipt that I had paid and a link if you need to cancel.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Titonka

Titonka New Member

Does anyone know how long the charging cable is on the Rivian Charger? Recently remodeled a new home and had to make a decision on the charger plug position. I decided to put it by the garage doors based on the Chargepoint Charger that has a 27’ cable. Now there’s a Rivian charger and I thought it would be a good choice for the R1S my wife ordered. Hoping I won’t have to leave her new SUV in the driveway or back it into the garage every time we want to charge it…

4. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Put down my preorder this evening. I'm still up in the air between the R1T and the Ford Lightning but one of them will be parked in my driveway one way or the other lol.

The few what ifs I had related to the Rivian have been alleviated thus the preorder. So at this point in time it's basically do I want a full size or mid size truck. So excited about the near future. :D

51845802165_fbfde209a4_b.jpg

1 person likes this.
  5. Congrats! I saw some fresh photos on Twitter of this customer car at a fast charger yesterday and was reminded of just how good this thing looks.

Do you get an approximate delivery date during this part of the process?

6. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Not at this time. This is what they sent me in email.

" R1T_Side_Thumbnail.png
    Configured
    R1T
    Before your delivery date, you'll be able to secure financing and insurance, and arrange for a trade-in if you have one. We'll also introduce you to your Guide who'll be your go-to person for all things Rivian, helping you through the entire purchase process and beyond."

1 person likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Oh and this.....

"Current preorder holders will be invited first to complete their purchase once we start accepting orders. After that, we can start preparing for delivery. Exact timing will vary based on when their preorder was placed, their location and their vehicle configuration."

1 person likes this.
  9. ToadStool

ToadStool New Member

20220123 - Rivian Truck Order.jpg

I'm stoked. Rumor has it I can delivery perhaps between July and November.

2 people like this.
  10. That's not a bad delivery timeframe, considering the wait for an EV from a long-established company like VW is about 6 months for an ID.4.

11. ToadStool

ToadStool New Member

Indeed. It took almost 6 months to take delivery of my Ford Mach E GT which I've since sold. Funny the ME GT increased $2000 in price during that time but my price was locked in. Apparently ordering a Rivian does not lock in the price which could change up to the time of purchase. Bummer.

1 person likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Glad you posted that, I didn't see the option for the full size spare. Went back and added it which brings up another question in my mind. I wonder what bolt pattern they followed, Ford, GM, Dodge, etc.... or did they use something proprietary that'll only fit a Rivian.

Updated preorder configuration and I may change it again before purchase but I definitely want a full size spare.

51873141945_a2261b92a1_b.jpg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
    1 person likes this.