Canada poll - 61 % say it's time to buy an EV

Discussion in 'General' started by electriceddy, Mar 29, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 61 per cent say it's time to buy an EV and over half "will never buy a gas-powered" car again

KPMG Canada poll reveals interesting findings:

"Soaring gasoline prices and vulnerability in oil supply have convinced three in five Canadians that it's time to buy an electric vehicle and more than half say they "will never buy a gas-powered vehicle again," finds a new poll by KPMG in Canada. Almost a third (30 per cent) regret not having bought an EV already."
    • 61 per cent of Canadians say soaring gas prices and vulnerability in oil supply have convinced them it's time to buy an EV
      • 18 per cent say it "solidified" their decision
      • 24 per cent say it "greatly influenced" their decision
      • 19 per cent say gas prices changed their mind; they weren't considering an EV before and now they are

gooki likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Now you just need electric cars to sell.

Remy C, gooki, DJP and 1 other person like this.
  4. This is one used EV dealer in Victoria, seems to be doing quite well these days:)
    https://motorize.ca/inventory/

5. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

What you were supposed to do was move to Quebec in 2019, purchase an EV (Aug 2019) and take the $13,000 rebate. Sell out of province and order $40,000 (after rebates) Tesla Model 3 standard range in 2020 ($13,000 rebate). Order another Model 3 standard range (get another $13,000 rebate) and sell the 2020 Tesla in 2021. Finally in Q1 2022 buy the lowest trim Nissan LEAF and flip for profit! That's an easy 4 years of Federal ($20,000) and 4 years of Quebec ($32,000) for a total of $52,000 savings!!

In the US, high net worth taxpayers would buy a new Nissan LEAF (2011) and backdoor Roth IRA each year since 2011/2022. That's already 10 years of $7,500 tax credits ($75,000) with significant Roth IRA conversions!

electriceddy likes this.
  6. Yeah, he offered me 47,500 for mine. But I had already accepted another offer for 47 (my asking price in the ad), and just waiting for the bank draft to clear. He likes electric cars...

electriceddy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Not in the mix was the highest in Canada (Ontario pre Sept 2018)$14K rebate, so add $ to that figure.
    I am doing alright with over $24K in rebates so far, Municipal (EVSE), Provincial (EV purchase and EVSE) and Federal (IZEV):)
    Thinking of holding on to my Kona EV for a little while, hopefully those savings continue for when I am ready to purchase again.

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Those were the days when the 2018 Model 3 standard range was $45,600 CAD before the $14,000 rebate effectively making it $31,600. Fast forward to 2022 and it's $61,380 CAD.

There should also be an expanded iZEV rebate in the years to come for trucks and SUVs in the future!

electriceddy likes this.
  10. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Great to see the general public waking up to the awesomeness of EVs.

electriceddy likes this.