Lane drift warning

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by ENirogus, Mar 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

All of a sudden my Niro is complaining about crossing lanes, never did it before

What button did I push, I sat in the car and scrolled through menus but couldn't find anything

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ITown

ITown Active Member

I think it's a button to the left of the steering wheel. I don't think it's in the digital menu. The lane departure warning drives me crazy too.

4. If it's warning you when you are actually crossing lanes, that means you didn't signal. Because it turns itself off when the turn signal is used.

Robert Bratton likes this.
  5. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

no
    It never did it before, it actually complains sometimes when it is driving....like when and exit with dashed lines it wanders all by itself then starts beeping

6. DamnIHateThat

DamnIHateThat Member

It's button 10 in this image. I was going to get snarky about using the turn signals as well, but I recognize I have irrational anger toward people who don't use them :)
    niro buttons.png

Esprit1st likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

Thanks, that was it, I figured it out on the way home, I must have hit it when going for my VESS defeat button

I actually like that it has buttons, but 2 stalks and 4 different button clusters nd the steering wheel buttons......

9. ITown

ITown Active Member

Agreed - I think they could've cut down on the number of buttons... Don't know why car companies have so much trouble including the right buttons, rather than eliminating them altogether.

I think the EV6 is the closest I've seen yet to striking the right balance.