Hondalink not working for me

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LegoZ, Mar 24, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Just wanted to touch base to see if anyone else is having trouble with hondalink not working right now. My last update was 4p yesterday and no commands would send. I reinstalled the app and now there is no data and it still can’t run commands.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

My app updated this morning and now I am not getting any battery/range information. I get failure to connect, however it did turn on climate pre conditioning and reported it failed. My app has been working perfectly for the last year and now they broke it....by making it better.

4. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

All of a sudden it just connected. I wonder if they had problems updating the server side of things.

5. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

And I spoke too soon now it’s messing up again

6. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

B5B361A4-E455-44F5-9EC6-D6E1F828BF47.png

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TheWedge

TheWedge New Member

Not working for me as of this morning. Was working for a while after the latest March 2022 update.

9. JFon101231

JFon101231 Active Member

The app/connectivity and the wipers/squirter are the only things I hate about this car

Madmartigen and LegoZ like this.
  10. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

In comparison to any other Honda I’ve ever driven this is by far my favorite Honda vehicle but yeah the whole integrated sprayers into the washer arm are kind of a fail, and to make matters even worse they give us the tiniest washer fluid bottle.

Now it would have been nice to have a heat pump versus resistive heating and a windshield with the heated wires in it like some other vehicles have but those are only mild complaints.

JFon101231 likes this.
  11. laptop

laptop Member

Not working for me either since I updated it yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Frankwell

Frankwell Active Member

You might try disabling SmartCharge. During my brief experience with SmartCharge I had really weird connection problems, far worse than the occasional connection problems that I normally experience.

As for the recent update, my HondaLink updated yesterday, I have used it a couple of times since then with no problem.

14. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Mine was dead since it got the update yesterday. Seems to be working now.

15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I had to sign-in and after I did, I started receiving multiple Maintenance Minder messages even though I had the A02 service last week (4 years+5 months, 14,060 miles). Sadly, the important part of the messages, what "A" stands for, wasn't in English.

upload_2022-3-24_21-58-36.png

16. Teslawannabe

Teslawannabe Active Member

Mine is working this morning. No problems so far.

17. gedwin

gedwin Member

I was forced (in the app) to update the app the day before yesterday. Yesterday, I lost all contact to my car, despite still being logged in.

My solution was to log out of the app. But I could then not directly log back in. FaceID also failed. It acted as though my old password was no longer valid. So I reset my password (and in so doing, also added recovery questions). Then, logging anew with the new password worked fine, and the connection to my car is back and working perfectly.

insightman likes this.
  18. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

When the first poster posted, my HondaLink was still working. But it's gone now. It seems to be off and on working (generally). And oddly I can do things like 'find my vehicle' which does work, but my EV and HV range will not update. I've had problems in the past off- and on, and they have self-corrected with time (in the past). This go-round we'll see. Since I have at least one function working (find car), not sure a new password in my case will help.

19. gedwin

gedwin Member

You may be right, but you could try a logout and then log back in. If it lets you log in without complaint, then great. If not, then proceed with the reset.

I have this hunch that they may have implemented a new user validation system and that it may be possible to be in a netherworld: still logged in under the old authentication but not having full rights. I am only guessing!!

20. Dan Albrich

Logged out, logged back in. Now I have nothing working at all and a completely blank app. (not upset at all, just started laughing).

-Dan

gedwin likes this.
  21. gedwin

gedwin Member

Oh man! So frustrating-sorry! Hope it will self correct.

22. gedwin

gedwin Member

Oh man! So frustrating-sorry! Hope it will self correct.

23. Dan Albrich

Not to worry. I know my current password, and can reset it if need be. It hasn't come back yet, but I don't need to see things in there super-often. And I will go through whatever process is needed to get it back. My personal guess is that I cannot reach the Honda servers for some reason. i.e. they generally too busy, broken right now, or my region maybe is. So it may even all come back by itself.