Potential Future Happy IONIQ 5 Driver

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Crash, Mar 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Crash

Crash Member

So I was looking forward to the IONIQ 5 or EV6 late last summer and did the reservations (which I knew was not worth much) and with the latest craziness in car prices and supply chain issues, I was not hopeful of getting one anywhere near MSRP. A local dealer with an EV6 was asking for $10K over MSRP.

Amazingly, a dealer from about an hour away just emailed me as they were allotted 2 IONIQ 5s for delivery in a couple months. As they will sell these for MSRP (the amazing part), I was like "sign me up". If all goes well, maybe in May I will have an IONIQ 5.

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Awesome. Great to hear. It SEEMS like reservation holders MIGHT get a 3rd year of free Electrify America charging. Depending on your driving, that might be huge.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

electriceddy likes this.
  4. michael-in-raleigh

michael-in-raleigh New Member

i'm planning a Raleigh NC to Traverse City MI trip this summer, and using abetterouteplanner.com

and i was able to route it using 90% ElectrifyAmerica chargers, mostly free! ty, Hyundai!

Esprit1st likes this.
  5. I would be greatly interested in knowing more about 3rd year free from electrify america. I reserved an ionic 5 last summer and hope to buy one soon.

6. Unfortunately it ia just a rumor right now. Some reservation holders got an email from concierge mentioning that. As far as I can tell, I didn't. The email states that it will automatically be extended at the beginning of next year.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I wrote to the concierge and received this today:

Hello,

All deposit customers who purchase or lease an IONIQ qualify for an additional year of unlimited 30-minute complimentary charging sessions at Electrify America charging stations.

Just make sure to download the Electrify America app and enroll in the 2-year plan after the purchase/lease.

Once enrolled, Electrify America will automatically upgrade the plan from 2 years to 3 years in early 2023.

Customer support is provided by Electrify America. If you have trouble enrolling or have any questions regarding the process, please call Electrify America directly. Their call center is available 24/7 at 1-833-632-2778.

Hyundai Concierge Service Center

[email protected]

844-966-3434

electriceddy and Esprit1st like this.
  9. Awesome! Good to hear. We just need to keep an eye out for that next year ...

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Hyundai doesn't run their own concierge center? This 3rd-party approach provides plausible deniability when the 3rd year never comes true. "We don't know where the people at JD Power came up with the idea we were going to provide a 3rd year of free 30-minute charging sessions. We hired them to send out surveys."

11. I hope they do honor the 3rd year of free charging. I uploaded part of the letter another person received recently. Screenshot_20220323-142139_Email.jpg

12. To remove this ad click here.