Hydrogen home fueling

Discussion in 'Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles' started by RAB, Mar 23, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. RAB

RAB New Member

Honda is still partially banking on hydrogen, I can't understand, given Honda's amazing proclivity in creating household power tools, why it has not developed a household hydrogen ionizer and compressor for homeowner vehicle fueling. Such a device could dramatically reduce the need for larger commercial hydrogen fueling stations.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

That's like asking why we don't have a way to refine our own gasoline at home. One word. EXPLOSIVE. Hydrogen is highly flammable obviously, remember the Hindenburg.

4. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

Tell that to the relatives of those aboard the Hindenburg.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like a fuel source to me.

Hydrogen is the chemical element with the symbol H and atomic number 1. Hydrogen is the lightest element. At standard conditions hydrogen is a gas of diatomic molecules having the formula H2. It is colorless, odorless, tasteless,[8] non-toxic, and highly combustible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen#:~:text=Hydrogen is the lightest element,75% of all normal matter.

5. upload_2022-7-4_18-36-40.png
    Where do *you* think Hydrogen is acquired?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

You're not dragging me into a bottomless pit of useless Q&A. Hydrogen is EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE period. Go needle someone else.

8. Marty V

Marty V New Member

I checked for equipment to turn water into hydrogen and oxygen and a fuel cell to convert the hydrogen back to electricity....you know, for my home energy storage system. The equipment was expensive. but the shocking part was the energy to make hydrogen was four times the energy I would get back out of the fuel cell. Back to waiting on the Solid State Batteries!!

Marty V
    Forever New Member since 2019

Domenick likes this.
  9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Where is my hydrogen fuel cell cell: phone; presentation pointer; cigarette lighter; flashlight, and; laptop?

I also want: a lawn mower; leaf blower; string trimmer, and; chain saw.

Where is my 12 V fuel cell automotive battery?

Bob Wilson

10. turtleturtle likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.