New Mini Up Charges

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Almost Green, Mar 12, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Teddydogno1

Teddydogno1 Active Member

Among the bad stuff here in WA (like extra registration fees on Hybrids and Plug-in vehicles), there is a good thing in that dealer doc fees are legally limited to a max of $150 and they must disclose in advertising that these are negotiable.

In November when I got mine (ordered in August), they wanted to charge some sort of interior protection fee, but I said no and they didn't push it. Paid MSRP (I think by the time mine was delivered they were asking a bit over). In Finance, they offered a boatload of optional protections and warranties that would have added up to more than $4,000 if one was silly enough to take them all.

Rob

4. atari

atari New Member

I'm getting told the $1200 dealer prep and $800 lojack are mandatory now at the Seattle location. I'm also being told I can't order the signature trim as I might not get the car at all since they are giving priority to sig plus and iconic builds at the factory. They are saying all of this is to protect us customers as we would be upset if we didn't get the car and that the add ons offer value. I would be okay with waiting months to get the car but I'm not a fan of all the add ons.

5. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

My invoice and sales tax on the red SE were the MSRP. My only issue with Schomp was I had to go through three salespeople (2 who are no longer there -surprise) before I got a salesman who wanted to sell me a car without a runaround. Derek now has my 2 deposits for the Blue SE (if BMW ever adds blue to the configurator).

AlphabetCity98 likes this.
  6. fizzit

fizzit Active Member

The smart thing to do is just decide how much you’re willing to pay out-the-door for the car, offer that much, and look at the bottom line of the quote they give you. In my experience, dealership fees, lojack, paint protection, scotch gard and window etching are all just creative names for dealership profits, and you should just negotiate on out-the-door price with no regard to “add-ons” that really add no substantial value.

CoachCookie likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.