Kia Access Bug -- Incorrectly Claims Charging Station Failure

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Dr_TV, Mar 13, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Dr_TV

Dr_TV New Member

I've had a 2022 Niro EV for about 1 week. I generally love it, but there are some bugs, and some annoyances.

Today, for the first time, the Kia Access app (running on my iPhone) incorrectly notified me that the charging failed. I had parked at a charging station about 20 minutes prior, locked the car, and plugged in to a ClipperCreek Level 2 station. The station indicated 'Charging' within a few seconds, and all seemed well. I tried to remotely start charging, but always got the same message that the command failed, and that there was a problem with the charging station.

So I had to rush back to the car (15-20 minute walk), but then I found that all was well. The car was totally happy! This is a major annoyance!

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Best wishes,

LP

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CR EV

CR EV Active Member

I gave up on the Kia app way before they asked me to pay for it...generally unreliable.

4. Crash

Crash Member

Have not seen that issue.
    While I am not overly impressed by the app, it works for me. It will be a judgement call for me when I need to start paying for it.

5. jeff_h

jeff_h Member

I have two L2 stations that I use when at work, and they are identical and right next to each other.

One of them starts charging right away when I plug in, app indicates car is charging, life is good.

The other doesn't start charging on its own, so I pull out the Kia app and tell it to start charging, it spins for about 10 seconds then gives me "command failed" but does start charging. I don't know if it's something that comes back from the car that the app doesn't understand, or something wonky between the car and that specific L2 charger that it doesn't start on its own... but yes I get that same "command failed" and yes it's annoying.

BarryP likes this.
  6. Dr_TV

Dr_TV New Member

Hi Jeff, thank you, and thanks to everyone who responded.

Does anyone know if Kia reads this forum? Otherwise, is there any way to get them to fix their problems? I can't imagine that going to the dealer would be productive.

Thanks,

Larry

P.S. All seems to be working today :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Crash

Crash Member

I would no one from Kia is reading this. Either 1) add a comment in the app store with details or 2) use the "contact us" feature in the app to give all the details.