Mini Se wait times

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by anshulankush, Mar 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I have an order for a sig that I put in a deposit for early in January. Just missed the 2022's so the dealer didn't place the actual order until mid-February. I just checked based on your posting and currently schedule to being production in week 12 or mid March.

wessy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

My sig trim is "Scheduled for Production" as of today. I placed the order on 2/7/2022.

Hope it's not scheduled for June!

moncureww and MichaelC like this.
  4. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

Might try your dealer soon to see if they see the scheduled date/timeframe.

yoomini likes this.
  5. anshulankush

anshulankush New Member

Do you have 2023?

6. yoomini

yoomini Active Member

Yes

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

If you call 1-866-ASK-MINI and talk to someone they can give you the production week.

yoomini likes this.
  9. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Take 22/23 after that you get China crab ,smaller and who knows how they build ?

10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Yes, because the British have such a good reputation for building cars that last. Moreover, none have ever been known to leak, rust, break down, or depreciate.

Only the British can take a Honda/Acura and in the name of improvements make a "Sterling" disaster.

So, because it will be made in China it wont be any good? Are we drinking from the same fountain of kool aid? I thought most of the components come from China.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    drdunkyn likes this.
  11. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Let us know; I ordered a regular signature on 3/6/2022 at Mini of Alexandria in Virginia, and I confirmed it at the dealer with a signed buyers' order and spec sheet on 3/7/2022. The dealer told me that I could expect a 3-4 month delivery timeframe, but they could make no promises because of the current global supply chain woes. How often do dealers place orders with the factory. Is it usually right away, or do they batch them together?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. banjineer

banjineer New Member

Our Iconic trim '22 was ordered in early Dec. The car was built last week (1st week of March) and made it to the
    port just before this current 2 week shutdown - where it is currently sitting. Could be waiting
    on more cars to make a full shipment or waiting on a ship. We're hoping it's a short wait
    at the port...

14. RunOnE

RunOnE Member

Yep early December Signature order, also at the port. Hope they can fill a ship enough to send it over by April. On the positive side, I think my Clubman trade-in is going to get more valuable as gas prices go up and supply chains slow down.

15. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

My order is also through Passport Mini of Alexandria. Placed the online reservation on Feb 4th. Confirmed build a day or so later and told it looked like a March build for April-May delivery. It seems they batch the orders to send to Mini, per some comments from the dealer. Typically BMW/Mini rely on dealer allocations (dealers can only place an order when the dealer gets available allocations from the factory), but some folks claim the SE is a little different. I'm not really sure....

About a month later I was given a production number and Mini My Garage shows that my order is currently Scheduled for Production. Was told again it showed March build, but there were delays/etc due to the factory shutdowns.

moncureww likes this.
  16. Quorn

Quorn Member

I placed my order on 11/18/21 and expect to pick it up on 3/16/2022. At present it is on the RORO ship in Baltimore. I received my production number in early January. Production began 2 weeks thereafter. Factory to Southampton was one day! waited at Southampton for 3 weeks. RORO took one week to visit BH and ZB. Each port had delays for berth access. as you can see there are a lot of issues beyond manufacture, and most of which are at the mercy of several players in the delivery/build chain. Judging from the spreadsheet 4 months is about average.

17. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

Crossing my fingers I get it delivered by the end of the summer. My 2006 Volvo s60 AWD with 250k miles averages about 24mpg, costs me about $1500 to $2000 a year in maintenance, and has a cracked windshield. And who knows when it'll kick the bucket on me (although I maintain it myself, zealously). Right now the cost of financing, operating and owning an SE with a modest down payment would be lower than keeping this Volvo alive month to month and be more predictable cost wise. I told myself when $5/gallon gas was on the horizon, I'd buy an EV and shelve my high-mileage older Volvo hobby. Here we are. My favorite cars I've ever owned, driving performance wise, were my Miata and the MGB I had years ago, so I'm looking forward to having a practical everyday car like the Mini.

wessy likes this.
  18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Other forum members who were former or are still Miata owners and wanted to go electric have purchase MINI Cooper SEs. There's really no EV alternative.

It's funny that the only MG being sold (on the other side of the ocean) these days is the MG ZS electric crossover. The MG octogon on the EV's skeuomorphic grille just doesn't look right on an SUV. This one didn't come from the Morris Garages.

upload_2022-3-9_15-47-21.png

moncureww and Texas22Step like this.
  19. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

Yeah...my iPhone, iMac, and literally every other tech I own is made in China. Sad that there's a tendency to blame every tech problem on China. (Can't imagine who promoted that logic...)

I wouldn't sweat a car with components made there, or assembled there. But yay for Sino-phobia! :(

AndysComputer likes this.
  20. moncureww

moncureww Active Member

So I just spoke to my dealership, and salesman and the manager told me that whatever model I ordered - signature or signature plus - it's going to take the same amount of time, at least three to four months. The salesman went and checked and asked his manager to confirm yesterday, and this is what I heard.

21. FYI… I called Mini yesterday. My mini should reach Jersey tomorrow but the agent told me I was in luck. They stopped all shipments from UK due to the situation in the Ukraine. Not sure when shipping will resume.

22. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MINI Pauses Production in Oxford Until March 18 due to wire harness supply issue from Ukraine. Hitting all of BMW, and others, pretty hard.

23. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member