Mini Se wait times

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by anshulankush, Mar 2, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. anshulankush

anshulankush New Member

Hi Folks,
    Was curious to see what kind of wait times are you hearing for different mini SE trims?
    I am hearing
    Base trim - 6 month to Never.
    Sig+ / iconic - 3- 6 months.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MmeLeota

MmeLeota New Member

When I originally placed an order for the mini se they had a 2k mark up since they had less open slots. I ended up going with a Sig+ and was told 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

check the spreadsheet.

F14Scott likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's the delivery-tracking spreadsheet thread with the spreadsheet link in the first post.

F14Scott likes this.
  6. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

My 2023 Iconic order apparently still shows a March build for April-May delivery (order placed early Feb in the states).

Dealer says to not hold my breath though with current delays and plant shutdowns.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. I was just at the dealer yesterday discussing a new SE and they did not mention anything about trim level delays. Just plan for 3 months barring supply chain delays.

9. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

The idea you would get a high spec (and more expensive) trim sooner than a base model you may get many months later or never sounds like pushy sales guy tactics to me...

Texas22Step, MichaelC and chrunck like this.
  10. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

With the ongoing chip shortage they should rename it as Iconic-, Signature-, and 2024 base.

11. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I was told 3 months regardless of trim.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

This is what the mini website currently shows..
    I changed my order from a Sig to a Sig+ yesterday and the dealer still has no idea on a timeline.
    IMG_3198.JPG

wessy likes this.
  14. Interesting. Thanks for the update.

15. Darrell Hayes

Darrell Hayes Member

perhaps another clue that the next Signature will be coming from China

16. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

That's what I was told by my dealer in the days BEFORE the pandemic and supply chain issues. So I'd take that as the baseline duration under perfect conditions.

17. elton

elton New Member

Placed an order for a 2022 Iconic Trim in mid-November 2021. Picked up the car mid-Feb 2022.

insightman likes this.
  18. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Great! Welcome to the forum. Post photos of your SE and tell us what you think of it, please.

elton likes this.
  19. CorgiCanoe

CorgiCanoe Member

I just got off the phone with my dealer and like @bmartinez028 I also changed my order (initially placed Jan. 19th) from a sig to a sig+. The dealer (Rochester, NY) is saying that sig trims won't even start to be built until at least June, whereas sig+ and iconic will start when the factory opens up again.

wessy and bmartinez028 like this.
  20. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

Hearing this I’m glad I changed my order. Originally placed 2/18. Hoping for a prod # soon.

CorgiCanoe likes this.
  21. MmeLeota

MmeLeota New Member

Anyone having trouble logging on mini garage? I just got my production number and it keeps saying my address is invalid. :(

22. I ordered my 2022 iconic on November 1st. Production started December, at port on Dec 24th, and it finally shipped today stopped checking it for a while but now I’m excited.

wessy and insightman like this.
  23. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Sold BMW i3 on November 1st .I ordered my base on November 15 /2021 Dealer promise a car about march 2022 .Tree weeks later I was so unhappy without a car I start shopping any possible dealer up to 100 miles .On December 15 I located a car only 65 miles away only color was important to me British racing green .Dealer have a car ready for pic up on December 28 . I pic up a car on January 3rd and I’m happy owner of Mini SE .Dealer where I ordered 1st one give me back my $250 .I believe I did good decision bc who knows when those cars will be deliver? My Mini SE was build on 12/2021 to my surprise what showing on sticker on door. E5735FC0-3899-4204-BF34-7523CA982ABD.jpeg

wessy and QuietMini like this.