Dealer markups for Mini SE

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by anshulankush, Mar 1, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

Concord, CA MINI dealer, custom order Iconic (No dealer installed options), paid MSRP + $850 Destination charge, which is what I paid for both my BMWs in the last 7 years from East Bay BMW. Honestly, given the journey these things take (and the risk of them sinking to the bottom of the ocean), I'm ok with that.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Chicago Ken

Chicago Ken New Member

Surprising Mini held msrp for 2023.

carrrl likes this.
  4. Ketos

Ketos Member

The only Signature trim in NorCal in mid January 2022 was in Sacramento. The dealer want $3000 over MSRP. I got lucky in Mid February when my local dealer (Stevens Creek) received three SE that were available. I was shocked when the sales person told me that their dealer network (Autonation) did not mark up prices above MSRP, and no hidden fees. I was so nervous the deal would fall through until I drove my SE home.

insightman, Alf_W and drdunkyn like this.
  5. wessy

wessy Active Member

The only MINI dealer in my town gave me a $500 discount off MSRP — which I thought was awesome, considering the market and the fact that the next closest dealer is 167 miles away! There were no extra add-ons unless you count the $389 documentation fee, which I don’t since that’s the standard rate car dealerships charge in Pennsylvania.

Yoyo_boba, Texas22Step and GvilleGuy like this.
  6. EV_fan

EV_fan New Member

I'm in Seattle as well and want to order a mini SE. Did you order one? I don't want to pay the Seattle or Portland markups either. Curious if either of them were willing to deal. Otherwise I'm tempted to do the crazy drive from California or go with something else.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. anshulankush

anshulankush New Member

No they don't budge. Get it from California if you can do the drive. I just couldn't commit to a 900 mile road trip with 14 charge sessions in between

9. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

Ditto for my Iconic SE purchase from Mini of Dallas (Texas), although they did make a run at a market adjustment added to the MSRP, which I quickly but politely declined to even consider.

AndysComputer likes this.
  10. EV_fan

EV_fan New Member

For me google maps says 752 miles + 10 30 minute charges = 13 hour drive + 5 hours of charging time + flight down there. I can see why you chose not to do it.

methorian likes this.
  11. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

You are super lucky! Their stock is always gone in no time. I ordered one from them 3 weeks ago and still waiting for a production number. I tried to email them but haven’t heard back

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ristretto

ristretto Member

I ordered mid Feb and still haven’t received a production number. There’s a bit of randomness when assigning numbers.

Yoyo_boba likes this.
  14. We ordered a 2023 iconic trim SE from Marin MINI about a week or so ago. Paid MSRP +$85 doc fee, no additional dealer add ons or mark ups. We received a production number within a few days as they had an open allotment. Ask Mini says it’s supposed to go into production next week. I didn’t realize it at the time, but now I feel we got lucky. Excited to be back in a MINI.

wessy, drdunkyn, bmartinez028 and 2 others like this.
  15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Welcome to the forum! It's great to hear about MINI--or any--dealers who put the customer first. However, you wrote "Paid." You didn't actually pay for your SE yet, did you?

16. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

17. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

good for u! Aww I am just hoping I will get mine soon

18. Ah, yes, that’s correct, we’ve only paid the $250 deposit. We have however signed a document showing the total out the door price which reflects no markup or dealer add ons. I was pretty frank about asking if they did either. I’m sure the finance department will try to sell us something at the time of handover, but we’ll politely decline. I had called the other two Bay Area dealers Stevens Creek, and Concord. Concord was definitely also Msrp+Doc and friendly on the phone. They just happened to be further away, though they’re the only dealer with an SE available for demo. Steven’s creek is actually the closest to me but they weren’t being super transparent about the ordering process.

Ketos, insightman and Yoyo_boba like this.
  19. Yoyo_boba

Yoyo_boba Member

Indeed, Marin is slightly closer to me too but we just don’t like crossing Golden Gate Bridge (that long 19th Ave traffic) I was told at Stevens Creek that there will be no mark up simple pricing which I appreciate. The sales person was very nice too. We had no appointment and just walk in and ordered an iconic. Keep us posted on your progress! I think I need to get in touch with my dealership this week

20. Darst

Darst New Member

Hello there and congratulations!

I received my build sheet from Mini of Marin 1 1/2 weeks ago but was told that ordering wouldn’t open up again May. Am very surprised to hear that you have a production number already. Is it please possible to check when your order was placed? Iconic trim for me also!

Thanks! And hello everybody! Happy to be a part of the owners circle in the future. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

wessy likes this.
  21. The test will be if it actually goes into production in the next week or so! Hopefully yours will be in this next batch hitting production. I think we just got lucky with our timing, had we ordered back in late February I don’t think our production date would’ve been any sooner. It’s been +5yrs but I had good experience with the service department at MINI Stevens creek back when I had a clubman JCW.

22. Ketos

Ketos Member

Good to see all the bay area folks here. I'm glad to know that the service department at MINI Stevens Creek is good. Hopefully, I won't need to use them until my 2-year service appointment. LOL. I would have gotten my SE sooner if I had found a demo car sooner. I was not about to put down money on a car that I had never test drove. Then I was caught in a bind in January when the dealers were no longer taking orders for 22's. That's why I was bugging Stevens Creek about ordering in February when I got lucky with new inventory coming in.

drdunkyn likes this.
  23. I had to go and check, it’s actually been two weeks exactly. Order was placed on March 16th.