Searching for Niro EV Customers

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by EngineerJon, Feb 22, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. EngineerJon

EngineerJon New Member

Hi, I'm Jon and I work for KIA R&D. I am trying to find some Niro EV customers who would be interested in participating in a project of mine. The project involves placing some sensors and data logging equipment on the customers' vehicles so I can track how the vehicle moves.

Customers who participate in this project will be compensated monetarily for their involvement. The current compensation is $600 for one year of participation.

The goal of the project is to figure out how much damage EV customers are doing to their cars over a long period of time, i.e. how much they are bouncing their cars around. I can then take that data and create durability tests that better match what customers are actually doing with their vehicles. I'd also be looking at other things like how often the vehicle is charged, what kind of chargers are being used, distance of typical trips in EVs, and so on.

There would obviously be a certain amount of privacy that participants would be giving up as I'd be tracking their movements. But trust me when I say I don't care where participants go or for what reason. I'm just after the data they create.

Participants would be required to bring their vehicle to a dealership for a day where I can install the sensors and data logging equipment. Same thing goes for removing the equipment after one year has passed. But besides that, they don't have to do much else. Just drive normally like the equipment isn't even there.

I like to think this is a win-win for everyone involved. Participants get money for very little effort and I get the data I'm after.

If you are a Niro EV owner and this sounds like something you'd be interested, please reply below. Thank you!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. StuartE

StuartE New Member

Sure, I'm in. I've participated in vehicle trip monitoring with another vehicle. Please reply with your contact info and I'll connect with you.

4. Joe W. CSP

Joe W. CSP New Member

Hi Jon I live in So Cal and interested in participating in your project. My email, [email protected]. I drive a 2020 Kia Niro EV

5. I am interested in participating, Craig in Portland, OR.

6. Bob Hare

Bob Hare New Member

I have a 2019 Niro EV in N.E. PA. I would be happy to participate.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TheHellYouSay

TheHellYouSay Member

Hi Jon,

Retired and on a fixed income, I would love to help out! I have a 2019 Kia Niro and have already done some analysis with a Bluetooth OBD reader and Torque Pro.

Steve in Lake Stevens, WA

9. EngineerJon

EngineerJon New Member

Hi everyone, thank you for expressing your interest. Right now I'm just trying to see how many people are interested. I need a certain number of participants, so I'm asking around on several Niro EV forums to find who is interested. I hope we can get enough to get this project off the ground. I'll keep you posted!

10. DrHops

DrHops New Member

I'm interested. I have a 2020 Niro EV Premium in the Atlanta GA area.

11. kianiroev2022

kianiroev2022 New Member

I am interested in this as well.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. CodysEv

CodysEv New Member

Sounds sketchy

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Rob Fitzgerald likes this.
  14. Crash

Crash Member

I would certainly not act on this (or provide any info) unless I saw an email from him with any official kia domain name (and not [email protected] :)).

Domenick and jeff_h like this.
  15. EVDog

EVDog Member

MAssachusetts’19 Niro. In, if up and up.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

16. I'd likely be in. West Coast of Canada.

17. FrankW

FrankW New Member

I have a 2019 Niro EV. Sign me up!

18. I'd be interested.
    2020 Niro Ev Premium
    Northern NJ

19. I’d be happy to participate. We are at 11000 km now. Handy mechanically and electrically and keen to learn more about the car. Had a 2011 Leaf before this. Just north of Toronto

20. EVdriver

EVdriver New Member

Jon,

I might be interested and one R&D request - how can I reduce the volume of the VESS? It is set much too loud. Would adding a resistor to the circuit reduce the volume? I want to be safe but the loudness is obnoxious and upsetting to people nearby.

21. Robert@SF

Robert@SF New Member

Jon, if you're still looking for subjects, I interested. I have a 2019 EX Premium and live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

22. ociana

ociana New Member

Interested in Oregon - I have a 2020 Niro EV

23. rampart51

rampart51 New Member

Has anyone heard from ENGINEERJON yet on this project? If so, is it legit? I'm in the Northeast and might be interested. I'd like to see some more details. 2020 EV EX with 16,000 miles.