Consumer Reports Best Brands report

Discussion in 'General' started by R P, Feb 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Consumer Reports is on my dung list, again. They are consistently 5-8 years behind the curve.

Bob Wilson

3. To be expected from this forum's #1 Tesla fanboi...

I have owned 4 Subaru's, my son has a Tesla, I have a Hyundai, and friends of ours have a Jeep Wrangler. So this report doesn't surprise me. Maybe would have expected Toyota to be a little higher, as they certainly have a stellar reputation for their vehicles.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Actually my Consumer Reports skepticism dates from my Prius ownership days. The first incident was when they failed to include tax benefits of the 2001-2003 model. It continues to their non-highway Prius mileage claims.

The only way I could replicate their numbers was to ‘cold soak’ my former Prius in a parking lot 1/4 mile away and start-floor it on a cool standard day. I could not replicate it driving from my home to the parking lot.

Then there was the time I went to the library to analyze past issues. The data soon revealed a driver in a comfy chair would rank higher than the top MPG car.

There are a wide range of automotive magazines but Consumer Reports is in the lower half from my Prius days.

Bob Wilson

5. I think any list that compares ICE to EV cars is questionable, because I believe that the market for each are different. People either want to drive electric or ICE.

I've loved my past Subarus, but I never looked at them when I was ready to switch to driving electric.

6. To remove this ad click here.